Chapter 9: Crushed Dreams

Scarlett's POV

I was going to race another girl, they had told me she had been practicing for years just to beat me.

That didn't scare me, but it made me nervous, it had been a very long time since I had last raced. I also felt excited.

I had missed my helmet, everything...

I was turned on by the way the handles felt on my hands, the comfortable feeling the motorcycles gave me and not to mention the speed.

The girl and I where next to each other, the girl rubbed her hands in her jeans taking the sweat off. The countdown started, and I turned the motorcycle on. We both revved the motorcycle and the people began going nuts.

I smiled. This was what I was born for.

The countdown got to its last number and we both pressed on the accelerator.

We could hear the sound of the motorcycle, right now we were tied. I pressed on the accelerator and the street light changed to red, I crossed and so did Fernanda, but I could see her hands shaking... She was scared.

We kept going till we gave a turn heading back I had gained speed on that turn and she was now behind me.

I kept my speed and I crossed the street before lights had turned red. I looked behind me to see cars passing by that meant she had stopped. She hadn't made it...

I hurried to the finish line and 40 seconds later she showed up. I smiled at her she was good, but she was still scared not to mention the race had been to short...

She shook my hand." I won't give up. " She said.

I admired her.

Soon the people cheered for both and she took me into a hug. I gave her a light hug back.

Oliver came running to me, for the night we were done. I could see people coming up to hand him the money they had lost.

I had my share and I stuffed it into my jeans. I was very happy. I was starting to walk back to my motorcycle.

" POLICE." people started screaming.

Fuck.

This place turned into chaos people where running around and some police officers were pushing down some racers.

I had lost the girl and Oliver.

"Oliver, where are you?" I screamed hysterically while pulling my helmet off and pushing people away from me and looking around.

I spotted Oliver he was on the road while an officer was beating him, I saw Oliver put resistance. Without thinking about it I got on the officer's back and he turned to push me off.

And then somehow, I landed on the road my helmet next to me.

While I was on the road Oliver was being taken by another officer. He was being handcuffed.

I could hear screams everywhere.

The officer stared at me with disgust and he held onto me and when he was about to punch me, I closed my eyes.

" STOP!" A familiar voice said.

I turned towards it and my heart sank.

"Father..."I whispered.

I gulped. I stared at him. He was responsible for this...

" I told you, you wouldn't be racing again but you never listened and after how you humiliated me today I won't make things easier for you!" Dad hissed.