Chapter 42: Trust

I didn't like this surprise..

" Hi. " I choked out.

I heard Eric whimper.

I looked to Nathaniel gripping his arm harder with ever glare he through at me. I could also tell Nathaniel had a dark aura around him. I was pissing myself.

I feared him!

" How long have you been cheating on me? " Nathaniel said through gritted teeth.

I cheated? I gave him a bewildered look.

I looked at his eyes this would probably be a good time to tell him I was a street racer.

" Nathaniel I kinda have a job!" I whispered. I licked my lips before continuing.

Nathaniel looked down at Eric. " So it's true you're a waitress. " Nathaniel hissed.

A what?

Nathaniel looked back at me with a glare.

I looked down at Eric and he was sweating. Fear visible in his eyes.

I wondered if Nathaniel had threatened him, I had to go along with Eric's lie I wanted so bad to tell the truth but Eric, I feared for Eric's well being.

" Yes? " I whispered but it sounded more like a question.

" Good cause if Eric had lied to ME, his brother and him would be out of my house in a snap of a fingers!" Nathaniel said.

I knew it!

" Yes, I had myself find a job. I had to pay Eric and Toby for their work.. " I said with confidence.. It was not a lie.

Nathaniel looked at me, not sure of what I had said. He looked at me for a few more seconds and then he released Eric.

Eric seemed to feel relief.

" Get out Eric! " Nathaniel said.

Eric threw me a feared look and I nodded to tell him it was okay to do so.

Nathaniel closed the door after Eric left and turned around with a glare on his face.

I was scared I wouldn't lie...

He walked closer to me. He never failed to smell great. I retreated away from him and he grabbed my arm.

" You might be a waitress but how do I know you don't go spreading your legs, out there?" Nathaniel hissed.

I looked up to him furious. I tried to slap him but he grabbed my hand.

" Why do you always think I'm cheating? " I asked angrily.

Nathaniel dragged me to a mirror and stood behind me while grabbing my arms.

" Why wouldn't you? You're so damn beautiful, I don't doubt a man has seduced you! " Nathaniel stated with pure anger in his voice.

He thought I was beautiful?

He then turned me around.

"Nathaniel let go of me." I yelled.

I tried getting out of his hold but he wouldn't let go.

" No man has seduced me believe me!" I said.

" I can't! " Nathaniel whispered.

I stopped fighting him and looked up, I felt hurt.

" Then what was the point of being friends or your girlfriend if you can't even trust me." I hissed.

I pushed him away and this time he let go.

" Fine I believe you Scarlett! "

He grabbed my chin and pulled me closer to him.