Chapter 134: Autumn

Hayden's POV
*********************
September 11,2033
*********************

"I can't remember anything."

Oh my God... Have you ever been in a moment were you don't really know what to do? Will I was in one of those. It took me some time to react.

I immediately turned the lights on and helped Scarlett remove the air mask completely. Her eyes found mine.

"You're awake!" I said with complete and utter shock.

I helped her sit up and she held onto my arms. She kept looking at me like if she was confused -

"You're awake." I said a bit louder. Another sob broke through my lips but this one was of happiness. I grabbed her face with both of my hands. I couldn't believe this. Was I dreaming?

I hugged her and she took me in her arms. I loved it and it was just like I had imagined it. I knew it. I knew it. My eyes watered. I had been right. I had done the right thing.

I cleaned my face from tears and huge happiness was on my chest. I kissed Scarlett's hands.

*
*
*
*
*
*
I helped Scarlett up and brought her to the living room. I had to hold her since her legs were a bit weak. She didn't weigh anything. I helped her to the couch. I immediately went to get her water and I helped her drink.

"Scarlett."

Scarlett blinked a few times. She looked tired and worned out...

She looked at me and looked like if she were trying to remember something. I frowned. I kneeled down in front of her.

"Scarlett."

She licked her lips.

Her eyes went towards the doorframe and I saw the thing looking at her. He seemed to be in awe, surprise and his eyes looked like he ached something.

Scarlett turn to look back at me.

"I can't remember anything!" She finally whispered.

I tried being in her shoes and I knew that she was feeling frustration.

"You can't remember anything." I repeated. I began feeling worried.

Stress was evident on Scarlett.

"Hey hey you'll remember just don't worry, okay?" I wasn't sure of what to say.

Scarlett nodded and the crease on her forehead disappeared.

She was awake. I still couldn't believe it and I had bursting happiness inside me.

She stared into my eyes with concentration. I did as well I had missed her so much.

" Hayden! "She finally whispered and a smile escaped my lips.

She looked at the thing he was by the doorframe. Scarlett looked at him in concentration.

" I'm sorry! "She finally whispered by looking at the thing.

" His name is thing! "

" Thing? "Scarlett repeated looked at me and then at the thing.

The child was frowning at me.

I licked my lips.

" Scarlett what do you remember right now? "

Scarlett shifted on the couch.

" Your name. Like me being homeless and finding you. Then like an orphanage. "