Chapter 132: The Thing

5 years later.
**********************
December 25, 2032
**********************
Hayden's POV
**********************
I've turned 17 now, time is something that falls in your hand like water...

My aunt hadn't woken up. I swallowed while looking down at her. I held onto her hand and with all my heart I wish she would wake up. I cleared my throat and looked at the floor.

"Happy birthday." I whispered. I looked at the flowers I brought, next to her.

"Merry Christmas!" I whispered. I swallowed. I learn to hate these days because Scarlett wasn't with me.

I went to sit down on the couch. I stared at the window and saw the snowflakes fall.

As I mentioned, my aunt never woke up. After the accident everything went down hill, everyone seem to be in depression. I was in depression but noone ever noticed.

Nathaniel did his best since he had a son it kept him from sinking. The child was still the center of attention since he was a part of Scarlett everyone seem to be holding on to.

I -

Everyone put me aside. Even the father I thought would love me and be with me every step of the way.

I chuckled.

My father seem to have a thing for Scarlett's and Nathaniel's son that I wasn't of interest to him.

My grandfather did me aside as well, like I said everyone pushed me away. I was like the black sheep.

Nathaniel once in a while cared for me but I couldn't blame him he had this huge wound and my father was always blaming him that his attention was distracted from me.

I looked at my phone. No calls and no messages. Technically I can just disappear and no one will say anything. I haven't been home since yesterday night.

I looked at my aunt again. "If only you were here with me I know you'd be loving me and letting me chase my dreams."

A tear rolled down my cheek and I looked down.

I was about to go to college, to do a mayor in business to step in my father's shoes. He assumed and never asked me what I wanted.

My grandfather never said anything he just got married with Analise and left for a time to be with her. After they came back Titan, ti, the thing was the center of attention.

Analise. She was someone that I couldn't cross a word with she looked like Scarlett but was not her and I just couldn't, it hurt.

As of Oliver he went back to his work in Rachel's and would come every month to visit Scarlett and say hi to everyone. He was also into the thing, Scarlett's son and I was forgotten.

My chest heaved. I heard a ring and a quick emotion of hope that someone would worry about me came.

I looked at my phone to see a message.

"I have more work don't wait for me, don't sleep late." ... Dad

My mouth became sour. So he doesn't know I haven't been home...

I turned off my phone.

Insant disappointment flew through me. However, when I heard noise I instantly went to hide below the bed. I wasn't supposed to be here of course.

I heard movement.

I saw two people, their feet.

"They should let her go." A woman's voice said with empathy.