Chapter 51: You and I are only paper.

I lied...

Oliver's words kept running through my head.

I had just walked towards my office and headed to the bathroom and changed.

He lied to me all this time, he was protecting me... and his friend.

I was curious to know who he was..

I sat on my desk.

King of the City... Why didn't anyone tell me about him? Why?

That's when I heard a buzz sound.

"Ghost I had a friend warn me about police planning on patrolling the streets for a while, they pretend on filling the streets with police and undercovered ones. After the race you pulled today and the crash you have full attention now. I would like to thank you personally but for now it's not safe for you to be seen.. Act like the ghost you are."... Oliver.

I stared down in shock.

Now what? Do I come out as King Racer again?

I grabbed my hair in frustration.

Who knew the purpose of becoming Queen was to protect myself.

But if I was being targeted then someone was leaking information on the races.

I really hoped my father did his work and deleted any trace of my friends and Oliver.

I bit my fingernail.

Suddenly my other phone rang.

" Scarlett um I hope you are doing fine and all. I just wanted to know if you could visit this old man sometime. Also I wanted to tell you that police are taking down any street racer they see so I was hoping you wouldn't go out and ride or something like it, don't go out using your King outfit.. Visit me soon."...Oliver.

I groaned out loud. Now who was I suppose to become? Spiderman or Batman?

I bang my head on the desk.

I groaned. Life hated me.

Things would be different if I was a professional racer.

I closed my eyes.

I was so exhausted and my neck hurt.

I yawned. I wonder what time it was...

*
*

I felt someone carresing my hair.

I flutter my eyes open to look at Nathaniel with wet hair. His black hair that I love. Curly hair in which I could tangle my fingers in, while kissing him.

He's so hot and sexy. I felt like a teenager having her hormones running wild.

Is lust and love the same? How did you know the difference. Did I feel lust towards Nathaniel or did I like him?

" You're so hot!" I blurted out.

He suddenly smiled, smirked!!

I jerk my head back from the desk.

That was awkward.

I felt my face turning red.

Did I sleep? I felt like I had just closed my eyes.

" You're blushing! " Nathaniel said laughing.

I rolled my eyes and yawned.

I looked at the clock 7:23am.

I don't think I slept much.

" No." I said awkwardly and touched my neck.

Suddenly Nathaniel was standing right behind me. His hands on my shoulders. He was massaging me.