Chapter 110: Moments

I sat there on my chair looking through the window, fearing the possibility of having to be there on the auction. I had been getting calls from Killian, voicemails I had ignored. He had tried to barge into my office but my security was impenetrable.

Not only that but Ana, Marisa and David were probably going to be there and I knew I was not finished with them. They had been awfully quiet. I was also yet to see what Ana would say about the trailers that had my dad's and mom's picture. I had made a huge gossip. I guess I was into revenge but Hayden had always and will always be my priority.

I turned back from the window to my desk. I stared at the memory card my father had given me. I had not taken it off the computer and I stared at Queen. Queen had been on my hand as a bracelet taking it off only when showering.

I knew I had to hide her better.

I sighed and turned to look at the clock and I was happy to find that it was time to get Hayden.

I got everything ready and took the invitation with me.

I walked out of my office and down I went a few guards on my trail.
*
*
*
*
*
*
I reached Hayden's school and I waited patiently outside. Soon I saw Hayden coming out carrying his backpack and Edgar trailing behind him. Once Hayden saw me he provided me with a smile that I knew I was returning.

Within seconds, Hayden grabbed my hand and I secured it.

"How was school?" I asked.

"I had fun!"

All the way Hayden explained to me his day and I told him mine. Hayden always listened to me with great entertainment even if each day I said the same.

However, I did include the invitation of the CEO auction.

"Are you taking me!?" Hayden asked.

I was taking Hayden inside the office when he asked.

"Do you want to go?" I asked. Hayden looked thoughtful.  "I do want to go but what do I have to wear?" He asked.

"I was actually planning to take you shopping for tomorrow!" I said.

Hayden threw me a cringe. I let out a short laugh.

"Okay now. Start doing your homework, I'm going to ask for some food and after I am done doing work we'll go grocery shopping, okay?" Hayden nodded and went to sit on the other side of my desk and take his homework out.

We both worked in silence. Food arrived and we ate chatting a bit. After we ate we resumed our work. I was finished and I turned to look at the clock to see it was 6 in the afternoon.

It was still early. I turned to look at Hayden who was chewing his pencil with a frustrated look. I got up from my chair and peaked behind him. He was looking at a music paper and had a note on a  paper, math homework.

"Please review math!" I read.

Hayden gave a jump and looked up to me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Can I help you with something?" Out of nowhere Hayden turned red.

He held a notebook to me and looked down. I looked at the notebook and turned pages. Hayden was doing great in everything except math. I had a few notes left from his teacher that needed a signature. I cracked a small smile and signed everything. I lifted Hayden's face for him to look at me.

"Hayden we're not always good in somethings and it is not a shame. It just means you need to work and study a bit more." Hayden nodded and relief washed his face.