Chapter 91: Oliver's lost chapter I

Oliver's POV

I grew up on an orphanage cause mom feared dad.

And that didn't matter, I still held my mother when she died... A bullet in her head and blood on my hands while I cried.

Dad tore me from her. He took me and my life became misery.

I blamed one person. I blamed God cause he hid his presence from me. He left me to endure pain, he left me with an evil man; who was my father.

I grew up being a cruel boy. Everything I touched withered. That's what dad taught me. I was a lost cause...

That's until I held a little girl in my arms.

The most beautiful and innocent thing I had ever touched...

My daughter.

I saw her mother get killed.
I thought I had no heart and feared nothing but when dad tried to kill my little girl I saw God's mercy. I loved that little thing.

I felt the weight of my sins and that only made me want to scrub my skin real hard till they washed away.

I wanted to be perfect for her. Create a world, where she would be save and have everything.

But just like I saw my mother's life end, I saw my daughter's end as well.

I held her hand until her eyes lost their shine and her pulse went away.
I cried like never before. For a sinner of a father had lost his one thing that had given him humanity, hope and strength. Years and years of fighting so that at the end his daughter would have been taken from him.

He cried for his big loss. Until he was forced to pull himself together when he held a piece of his daughter.

His granddaughter.

My granddaughter.

A granddaughter who I had to love in the shadows cause her father was on a different type of world and wouldn't approve of me to be in it.

Where he was rich and I was poor.
He lived by the law and I lived by breaking rules.

The man who had taken my daughter from me. I promised myself I would one day take him down.

I promised myself, my daughter would be remembered. Her daughter had to know the amazing woman her mother had been. No matter what.

I lived in the shadows waiting.

Protecting the one thing that kept me together. Scarlett.

Exactly like her mother, it hurt to look at her sometimes.

But I still loved her.

Maybe one day she would learn the truth and she wouldn't feel shame for who I had been, for who I was.

She would acknowledge me as her family. As her grandfather. She would hear my story and wouldn't judge me.

I would come out of the shadows I had been pushed to.

I had hope.

But instead I was only pushed further...

>>>>>
David Monroe kept me out when I tried to see Scarlett at the hospital.

Like always..

I saw her turn herself in. She had been Ghost. My granddaughter had been placed in dangerous races by me and I never figured out she had been Ghost...

I never saw. All this time.
It had been my fault ... If I had know, if I had paid more attention...

I had been frustrated knowing Scarlett had been placed in a hospital bed because of Declan.