Chapter 49: Queen Racer

Scarlett's POV

I sat in the living room, Connor was nice enough to hand me over everyone's number.

Parker, Cynthia, Jake, Bryan and Christian.

I sent my number and my name.

I hoped they answered soon.

Ryan left me his address and phone number. In case I wanted to visit them.

I hoped Nathaniel let me go to Rome... They left and I loved those two boys!

I stared at the window.

They got their family!!! They'll be okay. And you won't go to jail, my brain reminded me.

I rolled my eyes. That's very comforting. ~Sarcasm~

I sighed only racing helped.

I went to my room and found Ghost's phone.

"Sorry I didn't show up, can I get another race...soon?"... Ghost.

I hoped Oliver wasn't angry I hid the phone in a box and went downstairs.

I looked into the kitchen... If it wasn't for the maids and all I would probably feel lonelier...

I went to the living room and turned the T.V. on. To my surprise the news was up and they are talking about me.

So now we know Scarlett Pierce is a very wonderful woman the society have now taken her as an idol.

Many women praise her heart and abilities.

I changed channels. Great people were now loving me. Wait till I finally made it public I had been and am a street racer.

People would hate me. Soon they would find out why my brother died If I forgave Nathaniel would he forgive me?

Nathaniel almost raped me but I killed my brother...

I was worse than him.

Suddenly I felt like I was the one that had to ask for forgiveness...

I stared into nowhere then my eyes shifted to look at the clock, 5:49pm.

I felt really sad.

I went back to my room to play with my phone and the next morning I started working all over again.

I just wanted to race and to work.

Distractions worked, people I loved just left and it hurt.

Maybe what Nathaniel did was just an excuse for me to retreat from what I felt towards him.

*********************************

March 16, 2025

***********************************

Almost a month went by since Toby and Eric left me.

They still talk to me but things were not the same.

I missed them.

Nathaniel was now the one that brought coffee and food for me.

It was kind of funny but I didn't know how to tell him, he was the one that had to forgive me, because I was worse than him.