Chapter 118: Truth 3

I woke up feeling dizzy. However, that was the least of my worries. When I tried to move I found my hands tied. When I realized what had occurred I immediately tried to fight the chair I was tied to.

My hair was in my face and my heart was beating widely. I was still in my office but tied up with tape and my hands behind the chair.

I looked up to see my father with a sad expression. I wanted to scream but my mouth was covered.

"I'm sorry." My father whispered. My heart shrunk. My hands trembled.

"This was the only way you would listen." My father swallowed.

My father grabbed a chair and sat in front of me. I tried to scoot back. He looked at the floor. "I waited night after night for you to send the police to arrest me. I kept living with the doubt if you had seen this or not. " My father said painfully.

"Why did fate have you see it now? "

He had come to get the memory card back. I was sweating. Was he going to kill me!? My father read my fear. He took the tape of my mouth.

"You lied to me!" I whispered. I felt my features be completely white.

"No listen -"

"You killed her -"

"It was accident, I didn't see her I sware, the snow -" My father had tears rolling down his face.

"You left her there in the cold!"

My father grabbed my face I froze. Fear strucked me.

"I know I should have stayed, I know but Ana was there. I was in panic, in shock. She insisted we leave or else I would be taken to jail and I would never have a chance to see her. To see if she was okay!"

My father placed his hand on his face and pressed his fingers to his closed eyes. Tears were all over his face and I was lost in words. I was having a panic attack and I found it hard to breath.

My father sobbed.

"I immediately regretted it and went to look for the hospital your mother was in but when I found her, only family was allowed."

My father let out a hurt sob.

"She died, I lost her and she left you!" My father confessed. "You were so small!"

I gulped air repeatedly. I was panicking.
My father tried cleaning his face from tears.

"A case was opened and I announced I was your father. However, because of my emotional breakdown and Oliver's your costudy was given to Ana because she was my wife."

"Ana had friends in the police and they helped her clear the footage and evidence of the accident. She helped the case close and because I was in depression she threaten to send you to an orphanage if I decided to go turn myself in. You were the only thing I had left from Analise I couldn't fail you-"

The truth strucked me. Confessions digged in my very soul.

My father sobbed and because I was beginning to miss air I froze. I couldn't speak. I was stuck.

My father noticed and he grew alarmed.

" Scarlett! "He yelled. He grabbed my face and all the sounds became blurred.

" Scarlett. "

My father immediately untied me. He grabbed my face and shook me lightly.

" Scarlett! "My father grew alarmed every minute.

I was frozen and I couldn't connect with my voice. My father immediately carried me and hurried out the door.

"Hey hey try breathing."

I tried but darkness took me once again.

*
*
*
*
*
*
I woke up again with pyshical pain in my chest. It hurt to breath. I stood up and found myself in my bed. My father was sitting on a chair and Oliver was in the couch. My father was rocking himself back and forth until he saw me.

Thomas was also here.

I scooted away against my headboard.

"Scarlett!" Thomas said with relief. "You had a panic attack." Thomas informed. Oliver came to sit on my bed and held my hand. His face was dead worried. I couldn't help and shoot my father fear.

I couldn't connect with my words at all. Oliver turned towards my father and tensed.

"I think you should both leave!" Oliver informed. "Thank you Thomas but-"

"No you're right I was going to recommend Scarlett to sleep I'm sure she's going through a lot with court." Oliver nodded. Thomas wrote something and handed it to Oliver.

I placed my hand on my chest it hurt. My father hadn't utter a word he just gave me a worried look. I didn't know how to take it.

" David! "

David looked at Oliver. My father pressed his eyes closed.

"I'm not sure I'll have another chance at this." My father whispered.

"I ran her over, there was to much snow and she came out of nowhere. It was a fucking bad coincidence." My father whispered.

Oliver paled and his features turned in shock to horror.

"Listen I gave you the memory card because you were finally free from Ana and with you free I had nothing to live for anymore. I was a coward to face you."

"Everything I said at your wedding was a lie and I knew you would discover it after you saw the video."

"However, I was wrong. I also married you to Nathaniel so you would be protected and I preferred him having you than Ana. I know it sounds stupid but it was my only shot that I had possible at that time. I knew about the mental abuse but never the physical one. I tried to intervine but she always threatened to send you to an orphanage and that's why I sent you away to college. I knew Edward would leave you everything and I had to give you the weapons to be someone in case I was gone. I'm sorry I couldn't be the father you deserved. " My father swallowed and his eyes watered.

"I thought you would be save with him and I was always scared of you riding and having an accident so I thought that with you married to Nathaniel he would keep you in check.  "

"Again I was wrong." My father looked pale and looked down.

"I went to look for the memory card because my grandson came into the picture and we were getting along. I had a chance to see you, to eat in same table as you -" My father licked his lips.

"I know I'm never going to be forgiven I can't even forgive myself." My father cried and sniffed.

I was frozen in my spot.

"I sent Scarlett to a public school because I knew you were going to find a way in!" My father turned towards Oliver. My father let out a cry and his chest heaved.

"Ana was against you seeing Scarlett I couldn't do much but to act like I didn't know Scarlett sneaked out. I could only send out protection in case anything happened. "

"Then I lost my son and I couldn't risk to loose you as well." My father's confession striked me like a lighting. I felt like I was sinking.

"Oliver I'm sorry for all the damage I caused you. I'm sorry for having you in the dark. I know nothing can bring her back nor having time with your grand-daughter but if I could fix things I'd give anything up . "

My father stood up and next to me on my drawer left the memory card.

" Whether you belive me or not I loved your mother and I lo-. "

" Go away! "I finally whispered. I didn't want to hear it. I didn't.

I couldn't take it I was in shock, in pain and I was processing all of this.

My father's lip trembled and he cried in silence. He retreated and Oliver stood  frozen.

Oliver's tears reached his eyes and I stayed still. I couldn't cry but inside the ocean had me.

"He killed her, literally." Oliver whispered over and over.