Chapter 39: New Years

Scarlett's POV
************************************
December 31, 2024
************************************
Yep, that's how long Nathaniel had been taking care of me...He took a small vacation to be with me and the boys.

We had been watching all sorts of movies and eating like pigs.

" Want more popcorn? " Nathaniel asked.

We all grinned at him.

Except Eric, he had been acting wierd.

" Eric is everything alright? "I asked concerned.

Eric turned to see if Nathaniel was back with the popcorn, when he didn't see him he turned back to me.

" Scarlett I know you've done enough for us but there's one more thing I need your help with!" Eric whispered.

I nodded my head in curiosity.

" What is it? "

"I'm an adult now but I'm afraid Toby isn't... Our aunt still has custody over him and I want to have it, do you think you could help me?.." Eric whispered.

I grabbed his cheek."Of course Eric."..

He smiled and when we heard Nathaniel coming, we went back to our spots.

I wondered why he didn't want Nathaniel to know about this....

" Scarlett we have to attend to a party... Today! " Nathaniel whispered.

I pouted.

" What about the kids?" I asked.

Nathaniel looked at them.

He bit his lips.

"Scarlett we really have to attend... We were supposed to go on the 25th but I decided not to.... So my parents rearranged the party for today."

I looked down at Toby and Eric.. Maybe we could come back earlier to be with them.

I ended up nodding.

" I bought you a dress! " Nathaniel whispered and smiled.

I smiled back.

After the movie ended Eric and Toby excused themselves and so Nathaniel and I ended up going to his room and there he gave me a white box.

" Be ready by 6:00pm" Nathaniel said.

I knew I couldn't always be away from my room.

" Do you want me to take you to your room?" Nathaniel asked.

I smiled and nodded.

Nathaniel grabbed my hand and we began going to my room.

To my surprise the door was fixed.

When Nathaniel opened the door I did not feel scared.. Everything was alright.

" Are you okay? " Nathaniel asked.

" Yeah." I gripped the box in my hands and I turned around to meet Nathaniel's eyes.

" I had an emergency button installed." Nathaniel pointed to a red button, close to the drawer.

" If you get scared, another nightmare, start hallucinating.. Or anything..Just press it and I will run to you.." Nathaniel whispered.

My heart melted at his words so I managed to give him a hug. He faked coughed while hugging back.