Chapter 21: Nathaniel's POV

Nathaniel's POV

I stood like a fool here in the altar she was late. I was pacing around what would I do now?

Did she really ditch me? I would make her regret it. Did she escape with that man from yesterday? I was pacing around anxiously.

The priest came close to me. "Do you want me to help you clear the people?" He asked. I glared at him and he seemed scared.

" Just wait!" I snapped.

I paced around, and the priest went back to his spot. Everyone had started whispering, talking and a few went out of the church this had started to become a scandal. I gritted my teeth.

Liam came close to me. " She's here control yourself!"

I turned to look out and I met her beautiful green eyes. She seemed to have been in a rush. I glared and looked away. All my fear of her leaving me at the altar left. My parents had even told me that they had left her home, ready. But I couldn't help it and be nervous when she didn't show up on time. Everyone started to silence and walk back inside.

I sighed.

She was here, she was here! I tried to calm down.

Once everyone sat down we waited for Scarlett, to my surprise she had no maids in honor, the spots where empty...

I soon saw her, she was at the entrance while a girl I've never seen started to drop petals on the floor. Scarlett seemed nervous, she was hesitating... I didn't like it one bit.

I then looked at her father she was probably waiting for him, but the man seemed to be doing business. He forgot his daughter... How cruel... Scarlett took a few steps, and everyone stood up, no turning back now Scarlett... She stopped, swallowed and looked scared. Good thing I wasn't a woman. Just then a man who was kind of old walked over to her and gave his arm to her...

Thank you old man, thank you. You're better than the incompetent of her father.

Scarlett began walking slowly and the music started playing.

Pictures were snapped, and I heard someone say she was a real piece of art thats when I looked over at her. She was, she was so beautiful, and she would be mine by today. Her dress made her look like an angel and it made you want to touch her.

But the lace on her gave you certain warning. I couldn't wait for tonight.

The old man seemed like he wanted to cry, I was sure they knew each other. Her father glared at her and I could see reporters snapping pictures at them. The closer she came the more nervous she seemed. She was whispering things to the man. I was hoping it be about how much she did want this!

What girl wouldn't dream about this?

Scarlett turned to look at me and I composed my emotions. I held my hand out for her and the man placed her hand on mine and he squeezed them, he seemed like the actual father.

" If you ever hurt her I will beat you to pulp!" The man whispered.

I couldn't help but let a small smile. Yep, they definitely knew each other. I saw him leave and the flower girl took the spot of the maid of honor...

Why didn't you have more, Scarlett? A wedding is a girl's dream, right?

We proceeded to stand near the priest. We turned to look at each other and I found myself feeling nervous. She was so close, her piercing green eyes looked into mine... I had to control myself my heart was trying to get out of my chest. Her friend looked at me and narrowed her eyes. That made me feel a bit nervous. I squeezed Scarlett's hand to make sure she was here, she was. She gave me a small smile that made my heart melt. The priest began, and I lost myself in Scarlett's eyes. What was this feeling? It felt like lust but at the same time I wanted her to only look at me. I knew it was wrong because I would still be a playboy but still. I was a man and she was a girl! Her eyes flashed worry and I knew she feared this, but why? Didn't she agree to this?