Chapter 65: I am Ghost.

*****************************************

Scarlett's POV

*****************************************

Nathaniel was discharged a week later...

Nathaniel didn't breakdown, his anger for Ghost kept him up. But his anger became bigger after he talked to Declan... I have no idea what they had talked about, Nathaniel told us to get out.

Right now, I was cooking while Nathaniel looked out to the garden while sitting on a wheelchair.

" The doctor said that I might be able to walk but what if I can't" Nathaniel whispered.

I walked over to Nathaniel and grabbed one of his hands and he tangled his fingers with mine...

" You're a man that never gives up, you can do this!" I encouraged.

Nathaniel looked up at me with tormented eyes.

" I can't be that man, I'm on a wheelchair... " Nathaniel said discouraging his self.

I pecked his lips.

" Nathaniel fight... Talking like that will only make you miserable... I can't heal you, but I can help you heal yourself... I'll be with you! " I whispered.

Nathaniel hugged my waist...

" I can't even make love to you..." Nathaniel said with hurt and emotional pain.

I held his chin up.

" Then fight so you make that possible! " I whispered.

I kissed him again.

" I'll try, I promise but I need you to oversee my company! " Nathaniel said after a while.

I hesitated.

I nodded after a while if that helped Nathaniel get better then be it...

I would do anything.

***********************************

November the 14th, 2025.

***********************************

Things had been very exhausting... The company, keeping Nathaniel's spirit up, going to the hospital and helping Nathaniel take his therapies... Seeing how frustrated he would get broke me.

He wouldn't let Liam, Xander or his cousin see him... He kept them out... I remembered how worried they had been at the hospital and I knew that this hurt them.

I rubbed my forehead... I was working and doing Nathaniel's paperwork.

There was a knock on the door.

" Come in." I said stressed.

To my surprise Killian came in.

His face held worry ...

He sat down, and he handed out my purse...

Wow... I hadn't had time to go get it.

" I haven't had a chance to get it, thank you!" I said.

" I thought you would stop by one day but since a few weeks already went by, I decided to bring it to you!" Killian swallowed.

I frowned. Something was wrong he would usually give me a sarcastic remark.

We made eye contact then Killian started telling me that he had dressed up as Ghost...

I swallowed...