Chapter 105: Truth

Scarlett's POV: June 2nd, 2027
*********************
"If I had. " Nathaniel whispered.

I sat there staring at Nathaniel. I hadn't uttered a word since I had heard him. Our food had turned cold by now.

"Only you didn't." I responded and looked down at his chest to not meet his eyes.

Nathaniel looked down at the table. Nathaniel had been with another woman while I was at the hospital. Someone had set me up so Nathaniel would hate me...

" You don't know how much I regret what happened Scarlett, what I did."

I stayed quiet, I could not believe anything. Some things that had happened did justify him but other's I could not find forgiveness for.

"Say something!" Nathaniel implored.

" It's just so much to take in..." I answered and looked at Nathaniel's eyes.

" Do you think it was easy to see I was wrong? " Nathaniel asked hurt.

" Do you think it was easy to see you turn your back on me? "I asked back.

Nathaniel swallowed.

" We can began again, let me show you I changed. This time with no lies and no contract. I know you're a street racer now, you don't have to hide this from me anymore. Let me be there for you." Nathaniel begged and grabbed one of my hands holding onto it.

I stared at our hands and it brought painful memories and so I retrieved my hand and looked up at Nathaniel..

" Till when? Till another misunderstanding happens? Have you forgetten the first one when you thought Thomas and I had something?" I asked.

Memories ached...

Nathaniel licked his dried lips and begged me with his eyes.

"That was different!" Nathaniel said weakly.

"How?" I asked angrily.

Nathaniel turn to look at his food looking lost. He then looked back at me his eyes they were begging me. I had to look away.

" I'm sorry Nathaniel. "I whispered out, nothing could change things now, what was done was done.

"Scarlett think about it we can begin again. Give me one more chance. I know I screwed up but I was lied to."

I can't I have Killian now and I promised something.

When I stood quiet Nathaniel spoke again.

"I know you married Killian for real but I can help you. Did he threaten you?" Nathaniel said with huge worry.

I shook my head.

Nathaniel then looked confused and looked like he was suffering. He took once again my hand and held onto it with both hands looking for something in my eyes.

" I can't forget everything as easy as you make it sound and leave Killian so I can be with you." I said honestly.

Nathaniel tighted his hold on my hand.

"Please Scarlett, I'm begging you!" Nathaniel's voice grew panicked and small.

"I know it's not easy but this time there are no secrets, I finally have knowledge of who you are. That you like racing and street racing."

I shook my head, it had been more than a year ago. I would have wanted those words before.

" A street racer that you were disgusted at and that you hated!" I pointed out.