Chapter 112: Sudden events.

I sat there, thousands of eyes on me expecting a decision to be spoken.

I let a quick and silent glare escape towards Mr. Pierce. Mr. Pierce looked away from me.

I kept feeling stared and the moments of silence went by. I was in blank.

"Review the projects while I make a decision!" I said. For some reason the CEO's were quick to do so except Killian.

I met Killian's look. He covered the microphone. "Why do you need to think? You can't possibly be thinking of making a team with Nathaniel!" Killian accused.

I was getting royaly pissed. What if I did? I wanted to hiss.

I decided to ignore him and I turned back to look through the folders. I could still feel Killian's look.

I continued to feel everyone's silent pressure in order for me to make a decision. I hated it. I could see Mr. Pierce empatiently waiting. There were murmurs around. Silent talks and gossip beginning. I could hear rumors even from here.

"Maybe Killian did leave her for Kayla." I heard someone whisper.

"No she could possibly still be in love with Nathaniel. Did you see they even raced at Rachel's."

I gritted my teeth. The media was not the only curious people that kept wondering about my life.

I could not pay attention to the projects. I looked up to see Mr. Pierce looking back and forth between-

I followed his look. Lydia!

Our eyes found eachother and Lydia sent me a look of plea. I sighed and instantly looked back to Nathaniel's empy seat. My thoughts went to the day we finally talked.

I told him to let go, to forget about me and here I was thinking that maybe we could be a team. If he did love me, like everyone kept telling me I was only going to make it harder for him. For me...

I couldn't do a team with him but I really didn't want to do a team with Killian either.

I cringed silently. I read Nathaniel's name on his spot. Nathaniel Pierce... What would a team be like with him now that I held no secrets?

What if -

My thoughts were interrupted by an impatient and angry voice.

"Just consider this Scarlett our family made a device, a device I am letting you keep. We won for the motorcycle-"

I looked towards Killian to see him covering the microphone once again.

"Can you just shut up?" I asked and it went throughout the microphone.

Killian shut his mouth.

"Scar-"

I covered the microphone.

"No Killian, just shut up! I really don't want to hear anything coming out of your mouth." Killian bit his cheek.

Killian had chosen someone over me maybe he should feel kind of what I felt.
I looked back towards Mr. Pierce.

I was sure Nathaniel had opened up to his parents. I knew Mr. Pierce would let me debate between my just broken relationship and my freshly forgiven ex husband or maybe I was overthinking, I wasn't sure.

Mr. Pierce look down.

I felt so irritated and frustrated. I had to make a decision here and go back and attend to whatever my father had to say. Not to mention I had to prepare for whatever was coming up with Ana.