Prologue

I am running away from my brother in our garden. I keep hiding my tiny self in the tree trunk to hide myself from him.

"Princess, where are you?" he playfully ask.

I can't help myself but giggle from his childishness. But because of that he found me.

He lifts me up and turn me around. I squeal from his actions. After he put me down we both burst up laughing but that came to a stop when we both heard an explosion at the entrance of the palace.

We both run from the garden to the palace entrance to see what happened, but we came to a halt when our parents appear.

"What's happening?" my brother asks with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"We are under attack" my dad answers him.

"Make sure you keep her safe" mom said and looks at me.

I look at them not knowing what is really happening. My brother lifted me up from the ground. I instantly wrap my arms around his neck and look at my parents.

"Hey baby, stay safe, okay?" my mom said and I just nod.

"You remember the safe basement we went last time?" this time my dad ask my brother and he just nod.

"You two stay there and don't come out unless we said so" my dad warns and then again my brother nod.

We started walking away from our parents, but I call them again.

"Mom, dad" I call and they instantly look at me.

"Is there something wrong sweety?" my mom asks. I lifted my hands in the air just to let her know that I wanted her to me lift me. But she just shakes her head.

"You need to go in a safe place. After everything we can go play again" she said smiling and patted my head. Never did I know that it will be the last time that I will see my mom smile at me.

"Please stay safe" my brother said and they both nodded and run away.

More explosions were heard around the palace. I cover my hands in my ears as if it can help me not to hear the chaos that is happening around us.

As I look up mom and dad is nowhere to be found. My brother keeps his pace and we encounter other guards who run fast in a different way. I keep looking around just to find my parents, but I can't really see them.

I shake my body to make my brother's grasp to somehow make it loosen but it keeps tightening around my body.

I whine from the action and he looks at me.

"Look baby, I know you want to find them, but we need to be away from this place. So be a good girl and stay still" he said but I don't listen to him. I keep my body shaking.

I smack his arms that is keeping me in place multiple times and when I feel him loosen his arms around me I quickly run away from him back to the place where I last saw my mom and dad.

My brother keeps calling my name but I don't listen to him and keep myself walking.

I have easily kept myself away from my brother because of many guards that are going everywhere.

I instantly stop when I saw what is happening in the entrance of the palace.

Blood

Body

Clashing of swords

I feel my tears in the corner of my eyes. I keep looking for my parents to know if they are safe.

I may be young, but I understand what is happening now. I run downstairs while I keep my tears in the corner of my eyes.

"Mom, Dad" I call them, but with this war happening I don't know.

As the war continues many body keeps laying on the floor. Not moving. Until I heard my father's voice outside. I immediately went outside just to see my father who just kills an enemy.

I stand there in awe, being a maze of what skill my father has. Until someone touch my shoulders and turn me around. It ends up being my mother. Her breaths were heavy.

"What are you doing here?! You should be with your brother! Where is he?!" my mom shouts at me. I lower my head to her to show that I am sorry.

She never shouts at me and it very new. Mom and dad are always sweet.

"I'm sorry mom" is all that I can say to her.

"Look, I am not mad at you. You're not safe here, okay" she said to me and I just nod my head at her.

"There she is" someone said that make me and mom turn around to see a guy.

He is half naked, scars are all over his big body.

My mom hides me in her back and take a step forward, protecting me from the view of the guy.

"Oh come on, you know that the only way to stop this war is to give that girl to us" he said and my mom shakes her head.

"You can never take her away from us" mom said coldly.

"Will I will kill you first then get that girl" the guy said and a second later they were both fighting.

I don't know what I am still doing here. Mom is fighting to protect me. The whole palace does.

I didn't know what happen, I just know that my mom hugs me and a sword was in her back. I touch her back and I feel a sticky liquid at her back.

Blood

"Stay safe" is the last thing my mom told me before her close her eyes.

"No, mom" I said and the tears just came running down my cheeks.

"Lauren" I look up and saw my father looking at us especially mom.

"You!" my father shouted, his eyes were burning with anger as he fights the guy.

My brother came next to me and ask what happened to mom, but I can't help myself to explain because I keep crying.

I saw was the enemies retreating and my father came running towards us but before he can even come someone stab right through his heart and hell break loose.

My brother runs towards my father's killer and rip his head instantly. More tears came from my eyes. I don't know what I am going to do. I put my hands in my head and grip my hair. My mom, and dad just die. They were killed because of me.

I am the reason of there death. I should not be leaving. And from that thought everything just turn black.