Chapter 22: Prank Went Wrong

“How about an arrange marriage?” Andrew said making me look at him.

“Seriously? And what others may think about it? Having someone in their place that is different?” I eye my brother but he just smirk at me.

“Well my queen, they won’t mind. It is for everyone’s safety. And beside anyone can benefit from this, especially if a high rank or a well-known werewolf and vampire will be married” Andrew explain and everyone agreed with him.

“So let us see, from the werewolf, it can be the alpha or the beta who is unmated. With those high rankings I bit our people cannot say no and learn to accept this. And for our side of vamps I already have someone in mind. She is a strong warrior. But of course my queen is still the best warrior” Andrew said laughing.

Jerk.

I look at Caden is he is still looking at me. When I gaze back to Andrew he saw the staring contest we Caden have making him have the widest evil smile.

What is he planning now?

“Alpha Caden, do you find your mate already?” Andrew ask making everyone look at Caden but he didn’t leave his eyes to me.

“No” he answer making me avert my eyes from him. He is really mad at me. Well anyway this is better and safer.

“Well how about you getting engage? To Vanessa?” my jerk of a brother ask making me look at him.

“Seriously? She’s a slut” I commented and Andrew being him fake a gasp and look at me.

“But she is strong”

“Oh please, she can’t even lay a hand to me” I counter. I don’t know why but I am somewhat mad or defensive.

He continue to say a girls name but I always counter those girls.

“Can you two stop it? Alpha Caden dind’t even say yes, yet” Logan said stopping me and Andrew.

“So alpha?”

“I think it is better plan”

“It’s time to choose who will be your queen luna”

They said one after the other. My hand balled into fist under the table. I am praying to the moon goddess he say no but there is part of me that wants him to say yes.

He looks at me and I held his gaze not averting my eyes and waited for his answer.

“Fine” he said and with those words I feel like my whole world crumbled into pieces.

But this should be better. I will not think of making his whole pack in danger. I have been planning that after this battle I am going to leave this palace. If ever they will not find me I will leave this place and forget about this world.

“Well, then I think you already made up your mind alpha king. I don’t see that my presence is still in need. Please excuse me” I quickly said and  went out the room but before I leave Andrew held my hand.

“Claire” he called me but I just smile at him.

“I can’t stand this shit” I told him through telepathy and take my hands back and leave.

I went to my room and lock it after. I am just laying in my bed looking at the celling when I feel something wet in my face.

I stand up and touch my face only to see water on it. That’s when I realize I am crying. Why? I don’t know.

I should understand his decision. I hurt him. I lied to him and all. I don’t deserve him.

I don’t deserve everyone. I am only bringing them misfortune. My parents died because of me. My brother and Miku can’t tell the whole world that they are mate and Miku can’t claim his son just to protect me.

I am blocking everyone’s happiness. And now Caden, I know he can find his happiness  even though it is not from me. Why does rejection doesn’t exist like what humans have thought?

Why can’t I just be normal like other vamps? Without something so special. Without making others in danger? I should really consider the idea of not coming here anymore.

A knock was heard in the door then Andrew came, keys in his hand. I immediately wipe the tears in my face.

“Hey princess” he called and when I look he smile at me and I return the smile.

“You shouldn’t leave the hall earlier. Everyone is in chaos right now” he said.

“What do you mean?” I ask him.

“Well, meeting will be continue tomorrow” he said kissing my forehead before leaving.

I sign and went to my bathroom to take a half bath. Half an hour after I went to my bed and try to sleep but my mind is very active.

I get up from my bed and went to the terrace and look at the moon above. It is in a beautiful crescent shape. I smile while looking at it.

Because I am still awake I decided to go to the kitchen to grab some midnight snacks and watch a movie here in my room.

Well my room has a TV inside and has many movies.

I went outside my room and before leaving the floor I went to Ken’s room to check him only to find none.

I think Andrew and Miku take the baby with them in sleep. They do that sometimes.

As I am in the second floor I look around finding Caden’s room. But I remember that I didn’t pay any attention to what his room will be. I am about to go downstairs when someone covered my mouth with its hands.

I can also feel my captures hand in my hands. I kept shaking my body and taking his hands but his really strong.

I can feel him move and I kept wiggling my body to make myself free.

Until I just saw myself in a room. He throws me inside and locks the door.

When he look at me I instantly raise my balled fist to attack his face when he quickly captured it.

“Feisty, I like it” he calmly said at me a smirk plastered in his face.

When I feel sparks flew in my body from our connected hands and when I clearly saw his face I now know who he is.

“Caden” I mumbled but I know he heard it by the smile he has on his face.