Chapter 53: The War

The meeting about the upcoming war was done minutes ago. And now every leader know about me.

And they were all shock about it. I mean who wouldn’t? A royalty on both side?

But the best part? They all pledge their loyalty to me and there leaders.

After the planning, everyone leave and they promise to assist us when the war comes. But of course the only leader that came to the meeting face to face were my brother and the leaders from the South America. The rest was through the virtual. Of course we could not risk others coming here that are afar especially that a war is coming.

After the meeting Caden said that I should stay behind because he wanted to talk to me. And when everyone leaves and closes the door I look at him.

“What’s wrong?” I ask anxiously. I don’t know what he wants to talk about. And right now looking at his serious face I think it should concern me.

“Nothing, it’s just that I wanted some time alone with you. I know after this meeting I am not going to be around you like all the time” he said scooping my waist making me sit in his lap.

“I am going to be with you while planning though” I said reassuring him while I place my arms behind his neck.

“There is also something I want to talk to you about. I know this is not the right time but I just want to make sure you’re fine and all” he said hesitant. He doesn’t even look at my eyes.

“Tell me” I urge.

He sign deeply before looking at my eyes and said.

“I want to mark you”

Him, marking me? I know this is bound to happen. I am quite impressed that he went so far without marking me. I still didn’t leave my gaze at him. He looks scared for what my answer should be.

“So…but I am not pressuring you. It’s just that…I think that….”

I didn’t let him finish what he is about to tell me when I placed my lips in his.

“Of course you can” I whisper kissing him again.

I felt his grip in my waist tighten before kissing me back. The kiss is full of passion and need. Like this thing won’t happen again. I felt his kisses went down to my jaw until he stop in the spot where he should mark me.

He suck my skin and leave trails of kisses making me moan in pleasure. I adjusted my neck to give him full access while I grip his hair tighter. We were also so close in each other.

“Caden” I moan his name.

I can feel his smirk while he keeps kissing my neck.

He lifted his head looking at me.

“Are you sure about this?” he asks, concern in his eyes.

“Yes” I said picking his lips before he went back to my neck.

I can feel his canines grazing my skin before I felt it sunk in my neck. I close my eyes and resist myself to scream because of the pain but then the pain turns into pleasure.

He pull back his canines while leaking the blood from my mark.

I smile looking at him before kissing him again before I rested my head in his chest.

Marking process is really like what they said. Tiring and it consumes so much stamina.

I can feel my body relaxed knowing that I will fall asleep and I think Caden also know it.

“Sleep tight, my mate” I heard him say in our mind link. I just hum in response before I felt Caden lifted me.

Now that our bond was created, not like it didn’t created when we first saw each other but it become stronger now that he mark me. Not to mention that we can now mind link each other.

Caden placed me in a soft mattress with his smell all over the pillows and covers. I suddenly feel more comfortable and snuggle more in his scent.

~*~**~*~

I woke up suddenly looking at the window to saw that it is already dawn. I lifted the comforters and look around realizing that this is Caden’s room.

I went outside the room and look for him when I felt something that is odd. You can sense that thick air or the heavy atmosphere surrounding the pack house.

Not to mention the feeling I have in my gut. I walk around the pack house to find Caden’s whereabouts but I can’t seem to find him here. I even went to his office if he’s there but I don’t find any Caden.

I close the door in his office and walk around when I saw a maid. I hold her hand to stop her from walking.

“Uhm…do you know where is Alpha Caden?” I ask. I don’t know  if they already know that I am their Luna because Caden already mark me and the leaders of respective packs and coven already know me.

“He’s outside waiting for the arrival of other warriors” she said and I nod in understanding. She bowed her head a little before leaving me.

I went outside and I found Caden in the training ground. I look around and saw that other warriors from different pack and coven were already here.

I made my way to Caden when I saw my brother beside him.

He was saying something about them, and I think it is about the war coming.

I just stand in my place admiring my mate while looking hot with his serious face. My gaze is fix in the way how his muscles in his arms moves as he gesture while explaining something.

He then stop saying and his gaze meet mine. When everyone realize that Caden stop taking and gaze at me, they all do the same.

Instead of being embarrass I help my head high and stood straight. My brother motions me to go with them which I oblige.

I stand next to my brother looking at other warriors. When suddenly a panting warrior arrive and immediately bow his head to Caden.

“Alpha” he said recognizing him.

“What is it?” Caden ask seriously.

“We found this in the border” he said showing his hands containing a small bouquet of blood rose that are about to bloom with a black envelope.

Caden immediately take the envelope and opening it up in a hurry.

“What it is?” my brother asks.

“War” Caden simply said his hands balled into fist.

Andrew take the letter and read it. I also look what is written.

Alpha Caden,
Please take this bouquet of blood rose as a sign of the blood that will scatter on the ground. And expect that one will be yours. If we can’t take her, then no one will. Prepare for the blood bath. And let be the bright ray of the Goddess shine the bloody grounds.

~Rogues