Chapter 42: Meeting His Parent

Caden came first followed by Jason and lastly Caden’s parents. Everyone bow their heads in respect but not me and Luke.

I never bow down to someone except of course to my dear brother, but I don’t bow to him sometimes.

They look around and when they saw Luke and I, a smirk was plastered in the face of the former alpha king.

“Well, well, well. Who do we have here” he said just enough to make everyone hear what he said.

He started moving towards me and the wolves give him a way. His wife followed behind him. But I just stood still. Everyone was tense.

Luke was about to step in front of me but I stop him but it didn’t go unnoticed by the former alpha king.

“Its nice meeting you again, alpha Steve, or should I just address you in your name now” I said calmly.

I can sense other members ready to lunge at us any moment.

“You can just call me by my name now, Claire or do you prefer being called as the queen?” he said making me smirk after I heard a gasp from the crowd. Well they just know that I am the vamp general.

“Claire is good” I said.

“I didn’t know you’re the one who is assigned here. Sending their queen away from his king? That’s new” he commented.

“Dad” Caden called his attention and that’s when we realize that he is beside us.

“Don’t worry, I think there is nothing wrong talking to an old friend” he said and I nodded in agreement.

“Is this the boy back there?” he asks pertaining to Luke.

“Yes he is” I answer.

“I heard you adopted him” he asks again and I nodded.

“Steve” a woman beside Steve called him.

“I’m sorry my bad, I forgot, this is Elizabeth by the way my ‘mate’. Eli, this is Claire the vamp I meet years ago” he said emphasizing the word mate.

We both shake our hands. Caden then broke the tension between me and his father. And I really thank him. His dad really want my blood from what I did.

I sign in relief when they leave and the tension subsided and the party started.

“You know alpha Steve?” Wendy asks as we eat the food we get.

“Yeah, I meet him years ago when Luke was still young. Save his ass from wolves then Steve got angry because I am the one who killed the traitor of his pack which should be him” I answer boredly while eating my food.

We eat our food and talk little things when Steve came to our table and seated across from me.

“Are you enjoying the party?” he asks and I nodded when the truth is I really wanted to leave.

Elizabeth, Jason and Caden also seated in our table.

We talk things and all and each passing time chit chatting, Steve is starting to get in my nerves again.

“By the way Claire, you don’t mind me asking, for the long time you’re alive did you already meet your mate?” Eli asks and I am about to answer when Steve butted in.

“She already has, hon. She’s not going to be the vampires queen if she is not mated to the king”

“So your mate is King Andrew?” she asks excitedly making Luke stop in his track while taking a scoop of his food and make Jason choke.

While Wendy is so oblivious in her surroundings and Caden is still calm but I know he is tense. Not to mention that I can see his hand balled into fist because he is just seating next to me.

I just shrug my shoulder not directly answering her. But I think she gets the wrong idea when she squeal like a teenager and ask again.

“How did the two of you meet?”

“Childhood friends” I simply answer.

“Aww…the two of you were cute” she said and I just smile at her.

She is so jolly. I like her.

“How about you son, when are you going to find your luna?” Steve asks making Luke and Jason stop in their tracks, again.

“I already meet my mate” Caden simply answer like it is the most common thing in the world.

“Wow, where is she? I should meet her” Eli said clapping her hands while I look at Caden.

But once I landed my gaze on him he is also staring at me.

“That’s nice. Where is she?” his dad asks but looking at us more intently.

“I am just waiting for the right time that I will introduce her as the luna. And beside she said that she’s still not ready for I think we should let her” Caden said.

“You must really love her now, especially that you’re willing to wait for her” Luke commented out of nowhere making us look at him.

“Of course, she’s my mate after all and I really love her” Caden said and when I look at him he is, again, looking at me.

I can see that he is really sincere on what he said. I give him a small smile before his father takes our attention.

“Then, I hope she will not make you wait for long” he said eyeing the two of us.

Will shit, looking at him right now I think he have his suspension about us.

“Are we that obvious?” I asks Luke through telepathy.

“Well, you two keep staring at one another and Caden looks at you like he wanted to eat you or take you in front of his parents, no. Not really obvious” he answers me back.

I shoot him a look which he just shrug his shoulders and started talking to Wendy.

After a while, Steve and Eli thought that is best to talk to other members and greet them.

Jason and Caden decided that they should just stay here for a while.

The table was engulf in silence. I keep looking at everyone and I know Caden is looking at me.

“I didn’t know you and Wendy are close” Jason said all of the sudden pertaining to Wendy and Luke.

“Well now you know” I said looking around.

“So you and alpha Steve has a past passed thing huh” Jason commented making me glare at him.

Wendy was silence for the whole time but I know that she is observing the interactions that is happening in front of her.

The center of the garden started to be occupied by wolves with their partners dancing as the song was replaced.

I look at Luke and when he notices I am looking at him I gave him the signal to dance with Wendy. He look at her first and back at me then nodded.

I wide smile spread in my lips when Luke ask Wendy, and when I saw a hesitation in Wendy’s eyes I push her towards him and to take his hand which she take.

“You ship those two?” Jason asks looking at Wendy and Luke and I nodded.

“Then I will also grab this opportunity to dance my mate” Caden said standing and lending his hands in front of me.

I look at him in awe. Is he really asking me for a dance? Him? Caden? The alpha king?

“Just grab it already luna” Jason urge.

I just grab his hand and he take me to the center of the garden. Other wolves dancing give us a way. I think there is no harm dancing with my mate.

I will gladly enjoy this part. I look at him smiling. He intertwined our hands while the other went to my waist. I put also my other hand in his shoulder and we started to sway.