Chapter 10: Geeting To Know Each Other

We stayed until dinner in Chief Drake’s coven. He insisted that we join them for dinner and we just agree.

We bid our good bye to them then we take off going back to the hotel.

“I’m going to my room” William said after went out the car.

I just nod at him but looking at the forest.

“You okay?” he ask and I just nod saying yes.

“You also should sleep” he said and then again I just nod at him.

I look at him as he go inside the hotel then I started walking inside the forest. I mask my scent again and change it into human scent.

I just use my normal speed to go to the lake but before I arrive a tall blue eye guy intercept on the way. By its scent I already know who it is.

“I thought we are meeting at the lake?” I ask him and look directly at his eyes.

“Letting a lady wonder in the forest at night is dangerous. That is why I thought that I should wait you here and we can go to the lake together” he said and I just look at him, amuse.

Well that is unexpected. Thank goodness I didn’t use my super speed while going to the lake.

He lend his hand in front of me making me look at him curios at his action.

“For safety that you are not going to be lost inside” he said while smiling and I don’t know why by I also smile. Making my mood change fast.

I accept his offer and take his hand. We started walking while holding each other’s hand.

Why can’t just he say that he wanted to hold me. Silly. And I am going crazy. The feeling of his warm hand on me made me someone good. I don’t know like I said I’m going crazy.

“So how was your day?” he ask out of nowhere.

“Fine, I guess” I answer not really sure that make him look at me. His eyebrows almost touching each other.

I giggle at his face which cause his eyebrows to connect almost.

“What’s funny?” he ask innocently and I just shrug my shoulder.

Then I use my free hand and made its way to his forehead making his eyebrows distance bigger.

“There, you look good this way” I answer him. He just smile in my action and proceed in looking in the way.

“By the way, may I know why your not sure of your day?” he ask. Bringing back the topic huh.

“Well it’s tiring but fun” if going to a coven for investigation is fun then so be it.

“How about you?” I ask him back.

“Good, but also tiring” he answer and I just nod my him.

“What do you do by the way?” I ask him again.

“Well I am an officer that keep our community safe, meaning more paperwork’s” he answer.

You mean alpha duties

“Were coming near” he informs.

“You really know the forest huh” I commented but it is actually obvious because he live in this area.

“Yup” he answer popping the ‘p’.

“And here we are”

As I step another one I saw the lake again. It is still the same like the last time. The moon shining above, having a reflection in the water.

We both seated at the edge of the lake and just stare at the sky while still holding each other’s hand. No one wanted to let go.

“Until when you and your brother going to stay here?” he ask out of nowhere.

I look at him and he is staring directly at the sky. I look down at our intertwined hands.

“I don’t know, maybe a month” I answer making him look at me.

He look’s worried. If only I can stay longer but it also means lying longer.

“Why?” I ask him even though I already know why.

“So far how do you like the place?” he ask again not answering my question.

“It’s good, relaxing and people here are amazing” big lies. I don’t even have a longer contact with humans.

“Then why don’t you and your brother just stay here?”

“My brother has a work to do, also me. We’re just here for a vacation then were leaving”

After those words left my mouth I feel his grip tighter at my hand.

“Stay”

“What?”

“Why don’t you just stay here? I can give you work. You can leave here with your brother”

“We can’t. But you know what this is the best vacation ever, and it is all because of you” I said smiling at him.

I saw him smile back at me. Then in a swift motion I am enclose in his arms.

“What should I do to make you stay? Here with me?” he ask, burying his head in my neck.

I raise my hands and hug him back. I close my eyes savouring the moment that I know will not last.

“I wish I know the answer” I said that makes him hug me more.

“This is weird” I said again follow by a giggle.

He hold my shoulder and look directly at my eyes.

“Why?” he ask.

I look down, being a shy human girl I am.

“We are so close even though we just meet once” I said.

I feel his hands under my chin and sparks started to flow throughout my body.

“Look at me” he said and I look at his blue eyes.

He’s eyes started to change color”

“I’ll tell you the reason if, we spend more time with each other. You know, knowing each other” he explains and I just nod my head being hypnotise by his now gold eyes.

I lifted my hands and touch the corner of his eyes.

“Your eyes” I said pointing out the color of his eyes.

He immediately averted his eyes contact with me hiding the change color and when he look back at me it came back to its original color.

“By the way Claire, where did you live?” he ask making me shiver hearing my name from his mouth.

“Canada” I answer him.

“So are we having a get-to-know-each-other question?” I ask him playfully and he nod his head again.

“I guess we are” he answer.

We spend the night asking and knowing each other. Favourite food, color, movie and even hobbies.

“It’s late, you should go back. Let’s meet again here tomorrow”

He said I just nod by head.

Like what he did last time we walk with me until we saw the opening of the forest.

“Good night, Claire” he said.

“Good night, Caden”

He started to move closer to me and he bended his head. I close my eyes waiting for his next move until I feel his lips touched my forehead.

“See you tomorrow” he said and started to walk back inside the forest.