Chapter 7: Mate

As I turn around a half naked man surprise me. A six pack abs, muscles, build of his body.

I snap out of my though when I realise I am drooling from this man. Wait no I mean werewolf. Wait what---

I immediately look at his eyes and put my guard up. I dip myself in the water to make sure he can’t see a thing. I am just wearing my undergarments.

But looking at his eyes is a big mistake because as I look at his eyes I feel like being chain to him.

His eyes turn into a shade of gold. That’s when I also notice the smell of my surroundings. The smell of lavender and books. How come those type of smell is so good when it is combine especially when it came from this guy in front of me.

As if we were bring back to the present I immediately look away from him. I can hear my heart beats faster than it’s normal rate. The same goes from him.

Mate

The only thing my mind keep saying. He is my mate.

I look at him again when he fake caught but this time I look at his hair not in his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” he ask gently as if I am not his enemy.

Wait, my smell. I smell like a human. That’s why he doesn’t know that I am a vampire. Stupid brain I am the one who forgot about it.

“I should ask the same for you” I counter and I saw him smirk.

He started to advance and I back away until I feel the edge of the lake. When he notice my movement he stop from his tracks and look at me.

“I am not going to hurt you” he said and smile at my way. And me feeling like under a spell smile back at him.

He walk again until he is in the other end of the lake.  He didn’t even dare to look down at the water like a gentlemen he is. Because looking at the water also means seeing me in my undergarments and that is embarrassing.

“I came here for a walk and then I lost and found this lake so I am here now” I answer his question and he just nod still not looking away.

I feel like a specimen under his stare so I just look in different direction. What the hell is wrong with me.

I am the general of the warriors and I act like I am as shy and weak girl.

“I answer your question. You answer mine to” I said bravely and look at his eyes.

He looks shock from the looks at his eyes as I look directly at his eyes. I keep my look at him even though without a contact he still gives me chills. I feel like my body is on fire.

With his body being half naked not to forgot to add that I am one also.

“I came here for a walk” he simply said and stand up. I look at him in wonder on what he is going to do until he take off he’s short leaving him on his boxer.

I look away feeling myself flush by his action.

The water moves from his action as he also went down the water.

“What are you doing?” I ask him nervously but he only send me a smirk.

“Don’t worry I am not going to hurt or do something that you won’t like. I am just swimming with you. It’s not bad right?” he ask and I just nod my head but I keep my guard up.

“You said you were walking here. Do you leave here?” I ask him and he nods.

“I leave not that far from here” he answer. “You?”

“Me and my brother are here for a vacation” I said. And of course it is a lie.

What I am going to say, I am here to gather information and that I am a vampire?

“Lost” he said that made me confuse.

“You said your lost” he say and I nod my head.

“You seem relaxed even though your lost” he said and I look at him carefully. Being aware on what I am going to say to him.

“Someone I know once said to me that I should clear my mind first because if my thoughts were clouded on something else I can’t think clearly. That is why I am taking my time here” I answer him. I am a good liar but the idea of thinking clearly is not a lie.

I should be awarded for my best in acting.

“You won’t mind me lending you a help to find your way back?” he ask and I act like I am very happy from his offer.

“Yes, please” I said and clap my hands, smiling when deep inside, ‘No thanks I can manage’

Why does human are so weak? But I should play along.

“Aren’t you cold?” he ask after a minute of silence and we just both look at the moon above.

“No, they say I have another skin inside that is why I don’t feel really cold” I answer and look at him but I think that it is the big mistake I do because he is all looking at me.

Those captivating blue eyes that is looking in my green eye as if he is looking deeply in my soul. He started coming towards me and I should move backward but I did the opposite.

I waited for him to come to me. Still not averting my eyes away from him. Until I feel his warm hands touch my cheeks. I feel sparks when he touch me but I didn’t even flinch.

Still enjoying the moment he is holding me because I know that sooner or later it will last and I don’t know when I can get to have this opportunity again.

I move my face closer to his hands. I feel like a kitten being pat by my master.

“I think it’s already late. You need to get back, your brother must be worried about you” he said breaking the silent.

I look at him and it looks like he also doesn’t want to end this. I nod at him and started to leave the water not minding that I am only undergarments.

I hope we meet in different circumstances. Not like this, being an enemy.

How I wish that I am really a human or you’re a human. In that way, both our race will accept us. But it is just a wish.