Chapter 8: Guilt

We walk in silence. Like he said he walk me until we get in the opening of the forest.

I look at him not knowing what to say. And by the looks of him he is also struggling to find words to say.

So I said the most stupid thing that I even surprise not only him but also myself.

“Can I still see you tomorrow?” I ask him and look at the ground like it is the most interesting thing I knew.

“Uhm…yeah that’s fine” he answer immediately. I look up at him and saw him smiling at me so I smiled back at him.

“I know this is weird, we talk in the lake and walk until here but I, I mean we still doesn’t know each other’s name” he said and he’s right.

“Claire” I said and raise my hand towards him for a shake hands.

“Caden” he answer and shakes my hand. And like the time he hold my face, I can feel the electricity flowing in my body, like I am being electrified.

“Well then see you tomorrow, Claire” he said still not letting my hand go. I smile at him and give him a nod.

When he notice he still holds my hand he let go immediately, and I bid my good bye to him and run towards the hotel.

Before I even forget, I change my smell into my real one and that is the time when I remember something.

Did Caden learnt that I am his mate by my scent or by the eye contact? Does my real scent change when I change it to human?

Mates can smell their other half when they are near each other. And if they both eye contact, that’s when you will learn that you have found you’re mate.

The vampire, human and warewolves have different scent. When I am human I have different scent, so I really don’t know.

I should just focus tomorrow. Tomorrow I am still going to meet him.

I didn’t realize that a wide smile was plastered in my face not until someone commented to it. And that is William the Great.

“What’s with the big smile” he ask teasingly and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“I am going in my room. Have the others go there after dinner” I order and he nod.

“Aren’t you going to have a dinner” he ask curiously and I just shake my head no.

I went inside my room directly to my bed.

I look at the ceiling and the memory form earlier came back in my mind. And the wide smile appeared again. But it slowly fade again when I remember that whatever happens we cannot still be together.

He’s a wolf, I’m a vampire. Two race that are enemies for a century. What the hell is wrong with the moon goddess.

I made my decision, after this mission I cannot see him ever again. So for now I am going to still act like a human that doesn’t know the mythical world.

He’s human mate, even though I may hurt him in this process but all I want is a time with him. Even though for a short period of time. Then I will cut the ties we have.

If only I can reject him to cut the bond we have but that is impossible. Rejection in the mythical world especially in mates doesn’t exist.

Mates are made for each other. They are the one who can make you complete, a whole. Whoever or whatever your mate is, you need to accept them, because they are part of you. So there is really no such thing such as rejection like humans think.

But in my case, I think there is a big mistake in the moon goddess’ part. I fall asleep and the next thing I know is that it’s already morning.

I get off from my bed and do my morning routine. I went to a restaurant and from my position I saw William and the others already eating.

I can’t blame them. It is already eight in the morning. After I get my breakfast I went to William.

“Luke said they saw a place where we can held a meeting without going to someone else’s room. And it is safe and secure” he said after I sit in front of him.

“That’s good. Let us have a meeting after breakfast tell them that” I said and continue eating not sparing him a glance.

“Where did you came from last night by the way?” he ask and this time I look at him and he really looks serious. I just shrug my shoulder and answer him.

“Nowhere in the forest” I answer but the way he look at me it seems that he did not believe me. I narrow my eyes at him.

“You don’t believe me” I stated and he nod he’s head.

“You seem off after your so-called-run-in-the-forest” he said but I don’t mind the sarcastic way he said it to me.

“You don’t care about it. Now focus on our mission so we can leave this place as early as possible” as I said those things I feel like I was shot straight to the heart.

Part of me wanted to leave really bad but some part of it wanted to stay longer to have more time with Caden.

Caden doesn’t deserve the lies he believe that is true. And I am guilty of doing it but I have no choice. If I want to have a good time with him without minding our big differences I have to lie.

I have to lie even though I can loss he’s trust. I don’t know what I am going to do anymore.

I lost my appetite and leave the table.

“I am just in my room. Tell them to meet us in the place where Luke suggested and don’t ever forget about me” I said and I raise my left brow at him and he just nodded.

He seem to notice the change of my mood but he didn’t ask anything which I am thankful. I don’t feel like talking right now.