Chapter 5: Departure

I went into Andrew’s office and went inside without knocking. Both man inside snap their heads up and look at me.

“What now?” I ask showing my irritation if it is about the duty of being the royalty.

I went to the long table where a big map was place above. This office is big enough not to mention only the king can use it. It has a table for his works and other staff, a small living room and a library. I forgot to mention the big table that I don’t know the main purpose but they were there, working on something.

“Don’t worry it’s not about the duty. We heard a news stating about a vampire attack in a pack around New York” he said pointing to a place in the map.

“When did it happen?” I ask him.

“It started a month ago and we thought that it was an order of a leader in a coven but we then learn that it was not their order” he explain. My forehead furrow.

What does it means. No one take a move without a superiors order.

“How are you sure that they belong to a coven?” I ask both of them.

“We also suspect that it does not belong to a coven” Logan stated.

“So what’s your plan?” I ask them. “We need to make a move to stop them. It may provoke a war”

“We know that. Not to mention the tension between us and those wolves” Logan stated.

“We need to investigate this case” Andrew said taking my attention.

“I can do it” I said but he just shakes he’s head.

“It’s to dangerous for you. And beside this may take a month because this case circulates mostly in places in New York” he explains to me.

“Beside no one should know about this. It may cause this a panic” he added and Logan agree with him.

“Then, I should be the one doing it. I already know places in New York, beside that is where I stay longer than any other places, well except Philippines though. But still I am familiar with that place” I said pointing out the advantage.

“But it is dangerous” Andrew point out.

“There is no place in this world that it’s not safe. And I am not a child anymore. I am the coven’s general for a reason” I said and stand firmly showing that whatever happen I will insist on doing this investigation.

“Okay fine, but you need other warriors, four in fact in doing this” he said and I almost jump of his answer.

“I can volunteer on going with her” Logan said that make me groan inside.

“No, even though you’re the best choice, the two of you can’t even do a proper work without arguing” he said and pinch his nose bridge.

He must be really stress. Well he is always stress when it comes to my safety.

“Don’t worry Andrew I am going to be safe, I promise” with that being said I raise my left hand like I am taking an oath.

“You should raise your right, not your left” Logan point out and when I notice I really raise a wrong hand I immediately put it down and raise the other one which make Logan laugh.

“When are we leaving?” I ask Andrew changing the subject.

“If you can leave tomorrow. And please send me the warriors that will come with you” he said and I nod.

“I already choose by the way” I said and nod at me stating I should go on and tell him.

“William, Luke, Brent and Michael”

“Good choice” Logan commented that make me look at him.

“Of course, this is mission need a warrior with a stone heart when it comes to a battle” I answer.

“Avoid engaging in a battle if possible” Andrew said and I nodded.

I bid my goodbye to them and went into my room. I take my suitcase and put my staff that is really needed in this journey. Andrew said that he will call the warriors I choose for a brief notice about this mission.

After dinner Andrew call us in his office. The five of us standing in front of his table with me in front of the group. Logan is standing behind Andrew while we all listen to what he is saying.

“So you really mean that, we may not be here in the coven for month or so?” I ask him and he just nod.

“New York is not just a small city, Claire. Beside that you are going to visit all the coven in that place and have to talk about this attack. Find whoever is behind this and after you learn about it, you will came back as soon as possible” he said and we nodded.

“King Ford, if you don’t mind me asking why are you not going to participate in this mission?” Michael ask. Right I should have ask him that earlier. I must be so engross thinking I am about to live the coven, because it means I am far away from duties.

“I am going in Japan for a very important meeting” he answer. I wonder what it is.

“I wonder what is that so very important than this unreasonable attacks that may cause a war” I said mockingly that get everyone’s attention. Well no one really defies Andrew. He’s scary when he is mad and when someone opposes his decision.
“This is very important because this meeting is for every Vamp leader in Asia, and I trust you this matter that’s why I agree t send you” he said firmly.

“Well I am the one insisted coming” I counter.

“And I am the one who allow you, and if ever you will not go I am the one who is going and you will go in this meeting in Asia” he answer sharply.

He is really in a bad mood. He’s anger is in different level. I smile at him sweetly.

“Well lucky me I am going to this mission, not going to be stuck in a room with a boring work” I said, my smile becomes wider.

“I’ll see you in a month then” I added and make our way out.

I am so excited on what will going to happen in this trip. New York here I come.