Chapter 23: A Night Together

"So what really are you, Claire?" he ask looking at me with his cold, deep eyes with hishusky tone. Sexy.

"As you can see I am a vampire" I said turning around taking in his room. This room is like other rooms, guest room really it is.

He grabs my hands and spin me around making me look at him.

"But you're a human the time we meet. And they said that you are engage to that jerk vamp king for almost three months" he said but when I didn't said anything he continued.

"So ever since we meet, you're lying to me. You were there to spy on us" he accuses.

I take my hand back from his grip.

"We are not spying. And it just so happen that you were there in the lake, that your pack is near in the place where we are conducting an investigation" I told him.

"But why did you lied to me?" he ask and I can see hurt in his eyes.

"What do you want me to say, hey I'm a vampire, and we should not be together. My life is complicated and I will only bring you and your pack in danger" I said sarcastically making his brows furrow.

"You are engage in that stupid vamp king" he said and this time I can see anger in his eyes.

Andrew really made bad impressions to Caden.

"Stop calling him that, I know his stupid, idiot and jerk but I am only the one who can call him those fucking things" I answer him.

"You're going to marry me" he said making me look at him asking if he is freaking serious.

But when is saw that he is indeed serious I yell at him.

"Are you deaf or can't you understand what I just told you earlier? I am a bad news. A misfortune and only bring nothing but a bad things!"

"This is the reason for this truce, for the two races to stop making a war. We can be together. What are you so scared of?" he ask this time calmly.

"You don't know anything about me" I mumbled.

"Then tell me everything I know" he said pissed.

"The day we meet I smell like a human. I don't use any masking spray it is my other scent. It is like my special ability. Now those vamp rogues wanted my blood okay. The reason why my parents die and why my brother can't tell the world who really is his mate" I told him and I feel my legs go jelly making me sit in the floor.

Tears escaping in my eyes. I am not that cry baby but here I am acting like one.

I feel him carry me and put in his bed. His hands both in the side of my face making me face him.

"I don't care whatever you are or what you can do. You're my mate, my other half and that is all that matters" he said wiping my tears.

We both hold our gazes in each other when his eyes fall in my lips. I give him a small smile urging him to do what I expect him to do.

He lowers his face to mine until his soft lips touch mine. Sparks exploded and I can feel it in every part of my body.

We kissed slowly and passionately when I feel him asking for entrance and I let him.

Our tongue is fighting for dominance and he always wins. I smile in our kiss. I feel like all my worries vanish in that moment. His kisses trail down in my jaw until in stops in my neck. I feel him nip my skin making me moan.

I can't think straight. Right now all I want is him and I don't feel like stopping him.

He found the spot where he will mark me. He looks back at me and start kissing me again until I feel my body fall in the soft mattress.

Caden went in my top and start kissing me again from my eyes, nose, cheeks, then to my lips. Then he continues in my neck again.

I wrap my arms around his neck and dip him more urging him to continue what he is doing. I moan his name again when he suck the spot in my neck.

But I stop him when I feel his hands under my shirt near the clip of my bra. I came back to my senses. No we can't go near that part. I put my hands in his shoulder and push him slightly.

We are both gasping for air.

"Sorry" he said after he rolled beside me.

"No need for sorry unless you're guilty" I told him and look at him.

"Am I moving fast?" he ask but I just shake my head no.

"But this shouldn't happen. I know we are mates but I think the moon goddess made a big mistake. Caden I can't be with you" I said pleading that he should understand.

"If you are worried about those rogues going to take you, I am here. I will protect you" he said putting my hair at the back of my ear.

I sit up from the bed and look at him.

"That's the problem. I don't want someone to protect me or someone sacrificing their life for me" I said frustrated.

"And I don't want a mate" I added directly looking at his eyes. Hurt is visible in his eyes.

"I hope you can find someone who can make you happy, not making you hurt. You are so much better without me" getting up from the bed I look at him and started to leave but stop when he said something.

"Are you rejecting me?" he ask making me turn around to look at him that is now standing.

"I thought that rejecting is not true, but yeah I am doing it minus the fact that we should say something to break the bond" I said laughing.

We walks toward me and grip both side of my arms but not strong enough to leave a bruises.

"I'm going to make sure that at the end of the day you will still end up with me and I will prove to you that the moon goddess didn't made my mistake" he said capturing my lips.

After a minute he let go and look at my eyes with a smirk.

I came back to the reality and leave his room and went directly in my room. Goddess. What have I done?

Maybe I should go with the flow of Andrew's acting like we are lovers. In that way maybe he will stop and realizes that he can't do anything.

That's right. That should be easy. I just need to push him away from me. In that way I can save not only myself but also others...I hope so.