Chapter 43: Calm Before The Storm

It’s already two days after the welcome party. Caden’s parents stayed in the pack house. I also talk with his mother every time I have a free time. But also it’s not just the two of us because Steve always with his wife.

Does he really think that I am a threat?

Right now I am in the kitchen preparing a snack. Caden and other high ranking wolves has their meeting and because Steve is still considered as a pack leader even though he already passed his position, is oblige to attend it leaving me and Eli here.

I leave the training practice to Luke. He can manage it. Just like what I said I am a lazy trainer, who just shows up in training when I feel it and beside Eli insisted that I can lend her a hand in snacks. Which is weird, because she can call someone else.

“So how long you and my son know each other?” she asks.

“Three months I guess” I answer shrugging my shoulder.

“Why did you ask me to help you out when you can request someone else?” I ask because I am really bothered by this.

She looks at me first before continuing in her wok.

“Well, actually I want to learn more something about you” she said smiling.

“And what do you want to learn more something about me?”

“If you’re really king Andrew’s mate?”

This time I look at her and saw her looking at me with a small smile. I look at her curiously. When I didn’t reply she continued.

“Well to start with, you are here for almost three months like what I have learned and you know that mates can’t leave their other half for a very long time. And besides you’re not bearing his mark” she explained while pointing her finger in my neck.

“If he is really your mate, you should’ve been mark. You know that every leader is possessive in their mates” she added shrugging.

“What are you implementing?” I ask looking at her.

“My point is, when do you both plan on introducing you as the queen Luna?”

This time I am more shock. How did she learn that? And wait? Damn it.

She’s right. Mates can’t be away from each other for so long. Why I didn’t think about it?

And I stayed in the pack house for almost three months. Everyone will wonder about this. But I stayed away for months in my last mission not seeing Andrew.

Damn it, I forgot they thought I was hiding for months because I am bearing Andrew’s heir. I should call Andrew what is happening there.

“Damn it”

“What’s wrong?” Eli asks worriedly.

“Nothing, please don’t tell anyone else for now. We are keeping it a secret” upon finishing my sentence the door in the kitchen open abruptly.

Luke enters the room and bows his head lightly for greeting and look at me.

“King Andrew wants to talk with you on the phone” he said, you can clearly see his distress.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“I don’t know your highness, but he wants to talk to you as soon as possible” he said.

I give Eli a quick glance.

“I should take that” I said and when she nod we both went to the garden having this place as a very private place as you can easily spot someone whose hiding.

Luke gives me his phone. I take it from him say hello.

“Claire? Are you okay? Is there something wrong there? Can you-“

“Andrew, calm down, talk one at a time” I said cutting him off.

“What’s wrong?” I ask. I can hear him inhale and exhale from the other line.

“Yesterday, a letter came to me. It says that they already know the truth about my younger sister, which is you being alive and they will take you. I cannot call you yesterday because I am busy learning who’s behind this shit. I’m sorry I should have called you immediately”

“It’s fine. I’m safe. And so far, things are still normal in here. No signs of attack after the attack last time that I reported”

“Good, and by the way. I also didn’t call you for the threat I have taken but also because of the rumours. I am going to go there for a meeting with Caden. Please be safe until then” he said.

“Yes, we really need to be in our high alert. And please be also safe”

“Sure, sis, I love you and I will make sure they will not take you away from me”

“I know I love you too”

After that I hang up the call.

“What is it?” Luke asks after he have taken his phone and I told him what he said.

I saw his face become more serious and his body become tense. He is also worried at me base on his reaction.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine” I said tapping his shoulders to calm his nerves down.

“I will also make sure to protect you. You’re not just my general and my royal highness but also my mother. And I will do everything to protect you”

“How sweet of you” I tease pinching the both sides of his checks.

“Off we go. We need to talk to Caden later and we still have a training to take care off” I said and he nodded.

I can feel that this is the start of the real battle. And we still don’t know who is the leading those rogues. They are ahead of us.

We needed to be in our full alert for any surprise attack. Not to mention that we still don’t know anything more about the other traitors.

Who knows, maybe there is also a traitor in the Coven. Right now, we can’t easily trust someone.

I followed Luke outside in the training ground. We dismissed the training earlier than usual.

“What’s the matter?” Wendy asks as she came to us.

“Nothing” Luke said making Wendy rolled his eyes.

“I know you’re lying. So what is it?” she asks very persistent.

“There is no need for you to learn about it for now, Wendy. The thing you need to focus for now is the training” I said.

I nodded at both of them and leave the area.

I still need to talk to Caden about this thing even though Andrew is coming. For the past days, you can’t see any problems with. And I think those days are what they call the calm before the storm.

And who knows when the storm will really strike so we need to prepare for anything that could happen.