Chapter 36: The Same Fate

“Looks like my baby is here. Come let me introduce you to him” I said at her making her look at me with furrowed brows.

We walk side by side until we reach Luke.

“I though you totally forgot about the training” I said when we are in front of Luke.

His look from me turn into Wendy, and being the Wendy outside, she look away and her face started to turn pink. I smirk at her reaction which goes unnoticed by Luke.

“Why did you came late anyway?” I ask him as if I know nothing.

“I wake up late” he casually said.

“You’re not in your room when we check it” I said still looking at him with my serious face.

He looks at me pleading that we will just talk at him later. I sign and look at him again and this time with a smirk that is very visible in my face.

“By the way Luke, meet Wendy the girl jack told us about, Wendy this is Luke my ‘baby boy’” I said introducing them to each other while I emphasize the word baby boy.

Luke gave me a hard stare. He really knows what I am doing right now. For years that he is in my care and every time I call him by the endearment I am found of to call him, especially when others heard in in public they though that we are together.

That thought make me laugh inside my brain.

When I noticed they still didn’t acknowledge each other I talk again.

“You two shouldn’t be shy with each other, you’re going to work here anyway” I said happily and get both of their hands to shake each other.

I know they don’t want to have a physical contact. Physical contact means making the bond more visible. This is the thing I haven’t avoided because Caden is so clingy.

Now I am going to make sure I am not the only one to experience this misery. I know I sound evil but like my fate they can’t also run away from it.

“Alright then, now that you two already are acquaintance, Wendy let’s go back to the business shall we?” I asks motioning for her to walk first.

She nodded at me before looking at Luke again and walk first.

I shot Luke a look and wiggling my eyebrow.

“Were going to talk after this later”

I said to him through telepathy and he nodded.

“Back to your pose” I said shooing him and he went to train others.

Well this turned out to be fun.

Wendy and I started sparring, unlike others she improve in the human form while fighting.

“Are you an athlete in your school?” I ask her while we are eating lunch here in the field. Even though Caden didn’t like the idea I just shrug my shoulders knowing he can’t do anything and beside I win the argument.

So here I am now training field under the big tree in a picnic mat with Wendy and Luke. Luke is eating calmly in front of me and Wendy.

“Yes, I am. I play running and volleyball” she said making me look at her in awe.

“Wow” I only reply. It is given that she would be in the running area but in volleyball.

Well she is not that short though but still, it’s impressive.

I look at Luke knowing his listening even though his acting that his not.

“She’s impressive, right Luke?” I tauntingly said him glare at me which Wendy didn’t notice.

“Yeah” he simply said putting his food down in the process and stand up.

“I’m full” he said and started to walk away when I called him.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m just going in my room” he simply said without looking back.

“I’m sorry about that, he seems distant ever since this morning” I state making her look down in her food.

“This is not his normal behaviour?” she ask.

“Yup, his not that grumpy you know” I said while laughing.

“Don’t worry maybe something just happened. Maybe tomorrow he will be back in his normal self” said and she just nodded.

After eating lunch we went to our separate ways.

The continuation of the training start at 3 in the afternoon and will end in 5:30.

I walk inside the pack house and went to Luke’s rooms.

I didn’t hesitate to knock before going inside. He’s just in his bed looking at the ceiling.

“You know who she is to me” he simply said without looking at me.

I look at him and he looks lost. Like me after learning that Caden is my mate.

“Yeah, like who is Caden to me” I said and seated on the edge of his bed.

“So why are you here?” he ask.

“I want to know why you are late this morning, and I want to be with you. You know even though it doesn’t look like it I am still you mother Luke” I said and this time I look at him with worried in my eyes.

He look at me then turned his gaze right away when he saw the look at me. He knows that I don’t want anything to be hidden. I want to know every little thing.

After my parents death I don’t want to be hide in the dark anymore.

“This morning, I wake up feeling on edge, I don’t know why. I feel like I want to sank my teeth somewhere. I thought I am about to lost control on blood that’s why I leave the pack house this morning and came late” he said making me more worry.

“Do you need my blood?” I suggested but he just shake his head and look at me with sad eyes. Luke is still not that stable though. I usually give him my blood to drink once a year.

“I think I know why I am on edge” he said making me look at him saying to continue.

“The day Jack mentioned her name, I felt something weird, and yesterday when Jack said she’s joining us today it make me more anxious. That’s why I am on edge because I am meeting her, Wendy, my mate” he said looking down.

“Why don’t you just talk to her? I know it’s hard, but you can overcome it. Look at me now. Whatever I do, I will never go away from him” I said hugging him and he hug me back in return.

“You just need a time” I said pulling away from the hug an wipe his tear. His not usually a cry baby but he is especially when I am with him in time like this.

“I we both are” he said and I gave him a reassuring smile and hug him again.

He hug me back and we are embrace by a silence when all of the sudden the door opens in Luke’s room and their stood, Caden with his angry feature.