Chapter 52: I Don't Need Protection

“So there is another traitor aside from him in this pack?” Jason repeated and I nodded.

“Yes”

“Okay let me and Luke check who are on patrol on that night” he said and they both leave my room.

“Are you sure about the thing you have found out?” Andrew asks and I nodded.

“Yes, positive”

“By the way, where is Miku?” I asks.

“I leave her and Ken in Logan’s care. I don’t want her to do something. She is also reckless like you” he said narrowing his eyes at me but I just rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to contact her. See you both later” he said and walks to the door but before he closes it he look at us again.

“And no doing nasty things” he said looking serious before closing the door.

“Jerk” I murmur which makes Caden laugh.

“So tell me when did you and my brother get along so well? Because the last time I check you wanted to grip his neck” I ask looking at him.

“The time when you were kidnapped” he answers.

“So basically the two of you get along because I was kidnapped?” I ask and he nodded.

“Well, aside from the information that I get, being kidnapped also helps you and my brother in good terms which is good” said crossing both of my arms in front of my chest.

I look at him and his focus was still on me. I raise my brow at him.

“What?” I ask.

He just shakes his head and moves his chair closer beside my bed.

“Is there something wrong?” I ask looking at him. He looks restless.

“Nothing” he simply said.

“Caden” warn him which I think is effective because he heave sign before answering.

“I just miss you so much. I thought that something happened to you. I am so worried about your well-being. If I am just more aware of my surrounding, nothing would have happened to you” he said looking down. I lifted my hand and brush his hair, calming him down.

“I am fine now, Caden. And beside it is not your fault. If I just went directly to the pack house, nothing should have happened to me. And besides, being kidnapped is not that bad. Because I learned some secrets you know” I said while brushing his hair with my fingers.

“But I can’t help it” he said lowly.

“My poor mate” I said still brushing my hands in his hair.

He look up at me which I gave him a curious look.

“What?” I ask.

“You called me mate” he said, you can notice the happiness in his eyes.

“Because you are” I stated smiling at him.

“So are you going to stay with me?”

“Let me think about it” I said teasingly.

“Fine, I will give you all the time you want even though it takes decades until you give me the answer” he said making me smile.

He is so sweet. I don’t know what I did to deserve a mate like him.

“It won’t take decades like what you think” I said smiling at him while kissing his forehead.

“Just my forehead?” he ask with a pout making me laugh.

“You look like a five-year old kid who’s asking for a candy” I said between my laugh. But he just stared at me.

“What’s wrong?” I ask after I see his face.

“I’m just happy to see you smile” he said.

“My mate is so clingy” I stated.

~*~**~*~

I’ve stayed in the clinic for another two days like what the doctor said or more like what Caden wants, and after that I came back in my room in the pack house.

On my way to the pack house, which may I add with Caden in my side, I notice everyone is so busy. The warriors move faster than their normal pace.

“What’s wrong?” I whisper to Caden beside me but I am still looking around.

“I arrange a meeting to everyone, and when I say everyone, this includes other vampire leaders, and they were anxious about it, I think. Well I think I understand them because vampire and werewolf race are not really in a good term for decades” he explain and I nodded.

“But the meeting is for what? And why I am just informed about it right now?” I ask looking at him intently. He looks away from me before answering.

“Because I don’t want you to think about this matter so much. I and your brother will take care about this matter” he explain.

“You must have forgotten that I am a vamp general. It means that I should also be inform about this” I said rolling my eyes even though he can’t see me do it.

“I know, but I want to make sure your safety” he said.

He opens the door to the pack and I just walk in not minding him. I am about to take another step when someone grabs my wrist and it turns out to be Caden.

“What?” I ask irritated.

“Claire, I want you to know that me and your brother only want you to be safe” he said and you can see sincerity in his eyes.

“But I can handle myself!” I shouted.

“I don’t want to be treated like a child” I added.

“I know but you’re my mate and Luna and I don’t anything that harm you after the kidnapping incident” he said

“You must also forget that I am a vamp general” I said.

“I think that you should talk to your brother about that. Because the last time I know you’re a princess and a suppose heir in the throne” he said letting my hands go.

I huff before storming towards my room.

How can they be so cruel? I am not and kid anymore and I can take care of myself.

And I will not give a bullshit about my title. I am born to be a warrior not to be a woman to be protected by someone. After all I train all this years to learn to protect not just myself but also others.

I will not going to give them a satisfaction where they can just ordered me around.

And beside as far as I remember, I can be in charge in both sides. I smile widely when a plan started to form in my head on how to let them join this battle. Which is, I am really part from the beginning.