Chapter 55: The Real Enemy

"Claire, are you alright?"

I heard Caden said from the link.

"I'm fine, where are you?"

"In our room"

"Wait me there"

"What's wrong?"

He asks but I didn't reply as I made my way to his room which he insist that we, or more like he insist that I should also call it my own.

As I made my way in his room, I notice that it's already dawn. The sky is painted with purple with a mix of orange color. It is fascinating to watch but we all know that something's don't last longer not to mention there is also a blood bath later.

I open the door in his room and saw him seating in his bed, and his head is covered with his hands.

He look up his gaze when he notice that I am already in the room and with a long strides he engulf me in a hug. He nuzzle his nose in my neck taking in my scent.

"Where have you been? I keep looking for you but I can't find you not to mention that you also block our mind link" he said.

I look at his eyes and saw how angry and tense he is.

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time, and beside I am just in the library and about the mind link, I didn't notice" I explain

"Just don't do it, again especially that there is a growing tension and a war. Keep your mind open okay?" he said, feeling his body less tense but didn't let his guard down completely.

"Why are you panicking earlier anyway?" he ask after a comfortable silence. Making me remember my real purpose.

"Right, about that" I said and move away from him and take the book I have since I leave the library.

I walk to the mini table in his room and opened the book. He sit in front of me waiting patiently.

"Earlier after lunch, I went to the library just to kill some time and because you won't let me do anything. I happen to stumble in this book about some sort of history, I was about to just skip it when I unintentionally open it and came to a page" I said while flipping the pages.

"This page" I pointed after locating the page.

He moves from his side and went beside me reading the title.

"Experimental Hybrid: Nicholas Jones" he read the title then he looked at me with confusion.

"What about him?" ha ask.

I didn't answer him hence, I just turn the pages pointing him an interesting part in the paragraph.

"..he died because he lost his mate. And about the kids is still unknown" he reads.

"Don't you think it's odd?" I ask and he nodded.

"If this is true, then who are we really facing?" he ask pinching the bridge of his nose.

"His son" I answer looking at him.

"You mean the unknown kids?" he asks and I nodded.

"Remember the time when I was kidnapped and what Jack told me? It makes sense. If Nicholas Jones really died, because he should be dead because of the loss of his mate, then it means that Jack and Cresilda is his kids. No one knew about Nicholas Jones, but the way Jack talk about him, he seems like he really knew the guy" I explain.

"It makes sense, but just like what you said, no one saw Nicholas Jones, hence there is no point that Jack is his son"

"Jack is a rogue before he came right? And besides no one else have a a to take down the royals in both kingdom, will of course only rogues. But come on Jack is now considered as a rogue"

"Yes, but we are still not sure of that. But anyway you don't have to worry about those things. Be safe here and be with others protecting the pack house. And the important thing is we now know that Nicholas is dead and he is not are real enemy" he said holding both of my shoulder but in his eyes you can saw him being uncertain.

"Don't tell me you don't believe me?" I ask.

"Then I won't"

I shove both of his hands away from me.

"I am not lying!" I shouted.

"And if you think I am crazy will your more crazy. The truth is in front of you but you deny it" I added.

"Claire, I still take it as a possibility. But don't you think that maybe inside that book is also uncertain? Yes he may have died but don't you also think that maybe someone revive him?" he explain.

"I will show you that I am telling the truth" I said and started to walk away when he suddenly grabs my arm.

"You're staying here" he growled.

"You're not the boss of me. And you're not my alpha" I said making him growl louder and this time his wolf in the surface having his gold eyes as a proof.

"I will not risk you being in the battle just to prove something. You stay here and be safe" his wolf said.

"It is not just something. And let Caden take the control!" I order making his eyes glow brighter but I didn't give up.

I could also feel my eyes turn into a shade of red.

"Please, let Caden take the control" I plead knowing that if I don't this thing won't be resolve.

A moment later his eyes came back to its original color.

"Baby" he said embracing me in a hug and I hug him back.

"If it makes you feel good and calm, fine I believe you. Just please stay here. I don't know what I will do if I learn that something might happen to you" he said and I just nodded.

I know he just said that to calm me down and not go, but with or without this argument I am still going. Thank goodness and with the mark we can just talk to each other through our minds and not read each other.

"Please be safe" I said softy.

"I will" he answer while taking my scent.

A minute later we broke the hug and he kiss me in my forehead.

"I should go, and start preparing" he said and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll be in downstairs in a minute" I said.

He closes the door after he went out making me heave a sign.

I watch as the full moon starting to bright up the dark night. The winds blow cold air from the open window and you can feel the heavy atmosphere it brings.

Tonight will be the night where the ground will be painted in red.