Chapter 37: Hurt

We both pull away from the hug seeing the face of Caden.

I leave the bed and face him. He keeps his look between me and Luke.

“Caden” I called making him look at me with a scowl in his face.

“Nothing intimate happened” Luke said before Caden can asks.

I look at Luke when he stand up and went to his bathroom. I was filled with worried. Luke is still a child who needs his mother’s guidance.

All of the sudden I felt an arm around my waist, looking at the owner I saw Caden with his furrowed brows.

“Let’s talk in your office?” I asks gently and I know that there is something wrong because of my voice but he just nodded and he guided me towards his office.

We both walk inside his office and I close the door as I came last.

“So…” he started hesitating and look at me.

“Luke found his mate” I simply said making him look surprised but then it is followed by big smile.

“That’s nice” he said. “But what’s wrong?”

“His mate is Wendy” I said looking directly at him, at first his brows furrowed and when he realize who she is his eyes become bigger.

I should laugh at his reaction but I am worried about Luke.

“Wendy, the girl…” he said while pointing outside trying to implement the girl that is in his pack. I nodded giving him his answer.

“Isn’t it nice? Were also mates” he said pointing between us.

“Yes, but it is hard for Luke” I said grunting. I seated in the chair in front of his table in frustration.

“Can you go to the point?”

“Well for starters, Luke doesn’t want a mate. He loathed the wolves. Because of the wolves he almost die and he lost his family” I started.

“Are you sure it’s a werewolf, not a rogue?” he ask and I sign.

“Yes, it’s a werewolf and not a rogue. I am there when it happened. Those wolves just go berserk and started attacking the village every night. I am there for a business meeting and when night falls, Luke together with his friends decided to go outside. I don’t know what came to their minds to go outside when they know that it is dangerous. When he came back he saw wolves transform in their human form and started killing his entire family. Actually, his and their neighbours were also killed. I think they saw the killing. That’s why he dreaded those wolves” after explaining I look at Caden he is looking really pissed.

“When did this happen?” he asks. Of course he will be. Those wolves are under his command.

“I think it is the time when your father is the newly appointed alpha king. But that wolf already take his punishment” I said looking at the ceiling.

“What do you mean?”

“I killed him. A reason for a war to happen but when the alpha king learned the reason why I killed that wolf he let it slipped but he didn’t let go of the idea of me interfering in his own reign. I then take Luke in my care” I explained making him nod.

“What is his reaction at the truce?” he asks.

“He knows he can’t do anything about it. Actually he didn’t also like the idea of us being mates but he needed to understand. That’s why he is somewhat aloof. He said he’s just going to avoid wolves, the reason I take him here is to show that not all wolves are that bad” I said looking down.

“Its fine” he said bringing me in his embrace.

“Were going to be there for him to adjust” he said making me look at him.

“Thank you”

“Anything for you princess”

~*~*~*~*~

The training was almost finished and like last time I keep watching them while Luke train them. Jack was beside me observing, we also keep exchanging in some thoughts on the progress of the training.

“That’s all” Luke said looking straight, making sure to avoid looking at Wendy who is in front of the group.

Jack told them to have a break tomorrow but except for Wendy that need to train for she need to cope up with others.

They started to live and I saw Wendy gazing at Luke who is drying his sweat. I walk towards Wendy and when she didn’t realize I am beside her I fake a caught.

“Claire” she said loud enough to gain everyone’s attention. Because of this she immediately looks down.

“So same time tomorrow” I said pertaining to the training and she nodded.

“So you’re not going to college?” I ask making a conversation.

“Yup, after finishing my senior year I am going to become a warrior” she said and who can see the sparks in her eyes.

“Claire” someone called and we both look who is it and it was Luke.

“Let’s go” he simply said not looking at Wendy. I nodded at him and look at her.

“Well see you tomorrow” I said and she just nodded her head.

Luke and I started to walk and when we are far away from them I started a conversation.

“Until when are you going to avoid her?” I asks looking in the way. When he didn’t answer me I look at him.

“Luke” I called him and when he looks at me sign.

“Look, whatever happens she’s still your mate. Try talking to her” I said but he just look away.

“Just let me be” he said and walks faster but I easily follow his steps.

“Luke, you can’t get away from the fate in front of you. I think this is your turning point on what you’re seeing about wolves. Look at me and Caden, even though we have differences we still cope up with each other” I said walking in front of him.

“You can say it easily because you know nothing how much it hurt to see your family being taken away from you. And now that you have the strength to avenge them you still can’t do anything” he said.

“I lost my parents Luke and you know it” I said pointing at him. Thank the goddess no one is here to see this.

“But you can avenge them, unlike me” he said pointing at himself.

“I am there when you’re hurting Luke, I know what you feel. I know the struggle you experience in every nightmares you have about the incident. You are strong and brave Luke. You pass all of it. You’re just scared that you may lost her” I said raising my voice a little.

“Well news flash my darling, you’re going to lost her if you keep avoiding her” I added.

“This is your fault!” he said making me in awe. He just raises his voice at me.

“Because of you the bond was made…”

“Whatever happens it will be there because you both recognizes each other as their mate…”

“Stop controlling me!”

“I am not controlling you”

“Yes, you are. I wish I can go back in time and wish I just good as dead not looking as you as my mother. Your worse than those wolves who attacked my family. You monster!” he said and using his speed he went to his room.

While I just stayed there, having no idea on what to do when I am embraced in a hug and that’s when I started sobbing.

I just want the best for him. Am I that worthless mother?