Chapter 38: Avoiding

Caden brought me to his room and that’s when I cry even harder. This is the biggest fight I have with Luke so far.

“It’s alright” he said soothing my back but I keep crying.

“Did I make a good decision? Did I look bad? All I want is for him to have a good life. Am I wrong with something?” I keep talking even though it is hard when I am crying.

He just let me speak and he keeps listening to me which I am grateful. I never been this hurt. Luke is very special to me.

“He’s just maybe confused. He’s still a kid anyway. Let’s just give him some time” he said.

I didn’t know how long I cried or when did I sleep when I woke up all of the sudden in Caden’s arms around my waist.

The moon is shining outside. I gently take his arms from me and went into the terrace. Letting the air sway my hair.

“Why are you still awake?” he asks and I look at him giving a small smile.

“I am just worried about Luke” I said truthfully.

“He can manage. Let’s give him time. You didn’t also take the news hence, lying to me” he said and laugh but it made me feel guilty when he said about lying. I look at my hands and when he realizes what he said he immediately take me between his arms nuzzling his head in my neck.

“Sorry, but seriously let’s just give Luke time and space, I know this is hard for him, leaving in the pack house full of wolves that he dreaded the most then training them and then learning about his mate” he explained.

“You’re right” I said softly.

We decided to get inside as the wind becomes colder as the time passes by.

“By the way, you mentioned that when someone takes you’re blood they can possess your ability. Did Luke also have it? Given that you’re the one who turned him into a vampire” he said while we cuddle in each other.

“In order to have my ability you need to at least take a cup of my blood, in Luke’s case it is just a tiny drop” I explained and he nodded.

We just talk about us until sleep takes us.

Training with Wendy came and Luke didn’t come. It is given though. He didn’t even go to eat breakfast like yesterday.

But Caden told me that he took care of Luke. I then learned that Caden asks Luke to help them how to make the border group stronger while I am training Wendy.

Wendy is just a fast learner. The training was done earlier than unexpected. After we parted our ways I came inside the pack house to meet Luke in the way. He just lightly bows his head recognizing me and went to Caden’s office.

I just heave a sign and went to Caden’s office. Once I made my appearance inside they all look at me but Luke quickly look away. I on the other hand, stay calm as possible. We are having a meeting about the order patrol.

This morning, there’s this news came that there was an attack on other small packs. Caden said he already takes care of it and now he wants his pack to be safe and ready if an unheard attack arises.

The meeting started after Jack came. We just talk about the new schedule of shift of the border patrol, the additional training. We also talk about the pack problems which I didn’t know what to do but to just listen. I am not really interested about those things.

Later that night Caden and I decided to watch a movie while we cuddle with each other.

“So did you and Luke talk?” he asks while his eyes not leaving in the movie. I look up at him and lend my head in his chest.

“No” I answer.

“He keeps avoiding me though, but it’s fine. I know he really needed time and adjustments like what you said. I don’t to keep pushing him on things that he didn’t want” I added looking at our intertwined hands.

I still don’t know what our status. We both know that were mates but I need to make it clear. But I think not now.

My plans on leaving this world are fading as time goes by. I can also feel our bond strengthen.

One week has passed and Luke still avoided me. Sometimes I am irritated. He really is a kid.

And in that one whole week, Caden sleeps in my room. We also get along well. Sometimes he’s so bossy, sometimes he is so possessive.

Sometimes I think our cover was blown because of him. He can’t stop his self when I am just talking about some guys. He is also really strict when it comes to my clothing when I am in training. He usually passed by watching me and others.

“Tired?” Caden asks looking at me while I make myself relaxed in the bed. I just nodded at him.

This day is really tiring. Earlier we have a very big day. Making every warrior tired from the training. We test their limits and capacity to the max on how long can they stay in the battle grounds.

“You know I realize, why don’t you just move in my room” he said making me look at him.

“If you’re annoyed of keep going to your room and here why don’t you just go back to your room?” I said waving my hands at him gesturing him to leave but he moves beside me.

“No can do” he said with a wide smirk on his face making my brows furrow.

“What are you planning?” I said eyeing him curiously.

“I plan nothing” he said innocently while shaking his head.

“Don’t you dare lie to me” I said pointing my finger at him.

He didn’t answer me instead he looks at me again and then next thing I knew I was lifted bridal style and Caden brought me in his room.

Kicking the door room in the process. I keep yelling at him to put me down but he just laugh at me.

“Stop yelling. You might wake someone up” he said still laughing.

I look at him angrily but he smile return it with a big smile.

He put me down in his king sized bed. His room smells like him. With color of gray and white. I am observing his room when all of the sudden a commotion was heard.

I look at Caden and he looks still. His eyes were clouded for a second then he immediately look at me.

“What’s the problem?” I ask.

“Were under attack” he said.