Chapter 21: Truce

After their talking and so on and so forth that I didn’t give any time to listen, at last they are done.

“I am looking forward to this truce” Andrew said standing up making me also stand and he lends his hand for shake hands which Caden grab ang shake.

“Also I want to add in the condition that you should stop turning humans into vampire” Caden said.

“We are turning them if a human is our mate and for those that not our mate, the turning of humans into vampire are made my those rogues” my brother explain.

“I understand” Caden said looking at him seriously.

“I know you're sincere in this truce, but don’t crush my bones” my jerk brother said while laughing but Caden just shrug his shoulder but I saw the smirk he has in his face.

Caden and Jason started to walk out of the room but before Caden leave he look at my direction and I don’t know why but I smile at him.

When the door was closed Drew takes the envelope in my hand and immediately open it.

“So this is what your hiding” he said while smiling widely and I just rolled my eyes at him and snatch the papers of my drawings.

Well looks like he didn’t saw that

~*~**~*~

I am sitting in the meeting hall while playing the pen waiting for everyone.

Caden and Andrew is still not here. My brother is always late and when I say always I really mean it. He’s late for a minute or two but anyways, it’s still late.

I am listening to Aika’s story on her experience finding her mate. Actually it is what everyone is talking because mostly alphas and chiefs that already has their mates were present.

“…it’s like he is the only thing I can see. The sparks flew in every inch of my body and I feel like I was on fire” she said and everyone was smiling and Hiromi is looking at his mate lovingly.

A minute later the alphas and chiefs start arriving. Caden also arrive and when he went inside his gaze find mine and we were just looking at each other when I look away.

I heard him grunted before his takes his sit. The table is oval shape and I notice that the said of the table were divided. On the left side were the werewolves while we vampire are in the right side.

“Your highness, you don’t mind me asking but where is his highness?” Xander, the chief from Europe ask.

“Honestly speaking I don’t know. He just told me that he’s going to do something quickly and went here after” I explained and they just nodded.

When I look at the clock, it is past nine. Nine is the time of this meeting but it is already 9:08. He is very late.

“Is your King going to show up?” someone ask from the group of werewolves with a hint of disrespect in his voice making my fellow vampires look a him.

“Andrew is coming” I answer him looking directly in his eyes not averting my eyes until he look at another side.

Satisfaction from his action made a smile in my face.

“Where are you idiot?”  I ask my brother though telepathy.

“I’m coming, we didn’t notice the time” he answer and when I realize what he meant I lean in my chair with a huff.

That guy, he really do a quicky.

“He said he’s already coming” I inform them and not a minute after the door open and there stood my brother.

“I am sorry for being late” he said taking his sit after kissing the top of my head.

I close my eyes at his action in instinct but open it immediately when I realize that my mate is here.

“Why didn’t the two of you got married?” Chief Ade from Africa said making other vamps agreed.

“The two of you is engage for almost three months and there is still no wedding?” Hiromi added.

“Engage for three months?” Caden ask out of nowhere making us look at him.

“Yes they are” Chief Hiromi answered but it only made Caden more curious.

“Well, there is a war we are preparing so I think, after this  a wedding will happened, so let us all just not think about it and focus in the real agenda of this meeting” my brother said making the topic to be change.

Now I know Caden is really curious. He know me as a human and it happened a month ago and now he learned that I am engage for almost three months. Oh Goddess.

Their meeting started and I keep my face straight like I am really listening where in fact my mind is somewhere else and it is all Caden’s fault.

“What do you suggest my queen?” Andrew ask me all of a sudden that makes me snap from my daydream.

I look at him asking what he is talking about but he just answer me with a smirk.

“What do you think about the truce? Are you in? Or your mind is somewhere else?” he ask then wink at me making others snickers.

When I understand the reason behind his words and laugh at him.

“No darling, I am just wondering if this truce is for how long?” I ask them looking directly at his eyes before scanning the whole hall and stop when I look at Caden.

“As you can see we are having a truce to stop an upcoming war, then after this what? Still in the truce? No fighting anymore?” I ask them.

“What are you trying to say?” Caden ask not leaving his gaze with mine.

“Well all I am saying is, the only reason of proof to this truce is a paper being sign and blah, blah, blah. Then what if someone burn those papers into pieces? Or destroying it” 

“Can you make your point clearer?” Caden ask again.

“Well my point is, this truce is nothing but a piece of shit that after this war another war will happen because this truce is not strongly bonded. In short we are just bind in a piece of paper then destroy it after and wave another war” I point out.

“So what do you suggest then my queen?” Andrew infer making me look at him.

“Nothing, because at the end of this day we are still in different race with different perspective about life and this truce will be pointless after and who knows? The next generation may not like this idea” I said shrugging my shoulder.

Everyone went in silence after that speech. My brother look at me understanding what I mean. Whatever he do, me and Caden are not for each other and will never be because of the stands we have.

My life is in danger and I will bring downfall to a place where I stay if the rogues that want me will find out that I am alive. Secrets can’t be really kept forever.