Chapter 57: New Start

Cries of war can still be heard. In front of me I saw blood and dead bodies lying in the ground. They keep fighting to have a better life for the future of their own children.

Fight for peace. And here I am waiting to be saved. The memory of my mom and dad dying because of protecting me came in my mind.
This is not the time I lost hope. Everyone shouldn’t.

I am the royal’s general, the supposed heiress of the throne, and the supposed Luna of the royal pack. I am not going to die not lifting my sword.

“And you’re a fool if you think that you will take me down easily” I said and swing my sword around me wounding every rogues that is surrounding me.

The smirk on his face was gone and replace with anger.

“Kill her” and with that command they lunged at me. But it also makes it easily for me to stab and kill them, creating a small path for my escape being cornered.

Using that opportunity I easily escaped from them making my way towards my brother’s side.

“Are you alright?” he ask me looking concern but I just nodded at him.

“We’re going to talk after this” Caden said, obviously mad but I can’t help it.

It looks like I am going to have another battle to fight after this.

“You’re all going to regret everything that you have done to us” Jack shouted angrily bringing his hands forwards commanding to attack us.

We all lunge at them and attack every enemy in our way.

Caden and Andrew are teaming up to easily make their way towards Jack, I am about to go with them when suddenly a brown wolf stop me in my tracks.

Noticing the same eyes that I hated the most I learned who is in front of me.

“Long time no see, Cresilda” I said with a smirk which she return with a snarl.

Without wasting any more time she jump towards me but I easily punch her snout making her tumble on others. I have no time to play with her. Turning around to leave she pounce her claws in my back feeling the stinging pain.

Looking at her, even though she’s in her wolf form you can see the smirk in her face.

Instantly my anger building up, especially when I remember those days that she keep clinging on my mate like a snake. I will make sure this time she will remember what will happen to those claiming my mate.

I lunge at her sliding underneath her taking her left foot and twisting it hearing her bone crack together with her cry of pain. Smirking I swing my arm punching her face but she dodge it but not fast due to her broken bone.

“You must know where your place” I said taking my sword swinging it towards her but I didn’t notice the upcoming rogue.

As I stab her the sword the rogue take the blow. Saving a pathetic she-wolf like her, huh.  She doesn’t deserve it.

I am about to take the sword from the rogue’s body but, Cresilda jump towards me pinning me to the ground. She snarl at me ready to bite, but I hold her head moving it away from me.

I kick her belly making her fly towards another direction. With anger building up in my system seeing her killing everyone including her comrades, while making her way towards me, all I can see is red indicating the change of my eye color.

I ran towards her using my fast speed and she did the same when we are inches apart I hold her neck choking her and easily force her body to the ground creating a crack from the impact.

Using that moment that she might feel dizzy I felt my fangs grow longer and I easily bit down from her neck taking the flesh spitting it to the ground. Blood came out from the wound I make. She was about to make another move when I twisted her neck. After hearing the crack of her bone and learning she was really dead I take a look around me trying to find my brother and Caden.

I saw them fighting a rogue and from the looks of it, they are not just ordinary wolf. I am about to make my way towards them when I felt a hand around my neck and the next thing I knew my body is in the ground like what I did to Cresilda.

I hear a snarl and looking up who is the audacity to take me down, the face of Jack welcomes me.

“Your death will be like what have you done to my sister” he snarl and change into his wolf form.

He was about to bit me but all of the sudden I can’t feel his weight gone. Looking at my left I saw a black wolf biting and spitting the flesh from Jack’s wolf.

Brutal I know but I can’t help my eyes to take away from it, especially if it is Caden who is doing it.

Another rogue was about to attack Caden but I immediately stand in my feet and kill the rogue. Taking its heart from his chest and easily crush it my hands in front of him.

I am about to fight another wolf when all of the sudden a growl was heard. It is not just an ordinary growl making everyone stop from their tracks even myself.

I saw Caden dragging a head, specifically a wolf head and throw it at the center making sure everyone can see it.

All the rogues immediately recognizes it, other start to sprint away to save their lives while other’s stay and lower their gazes recognizing the alpha.

I think you already have the idea of who's head Caden throw, it is Jack’s head. The leader of this revolution.

Caden growl again and other warriors run towards the area where other rogues make their way to escape. I know Caden won’t let anyone leave just like that. Its either they will be back, dead or alive. Depends of how they act in front of the warriors.

I look at the sky and saw the moon shine brighter. Closing my eyes feeling the end of this war until I felt a soft fur.

Opening my eyes, gold eyes is staring back at me. Smiling I cup it’s face and saw the change of its color to blue.

I lean my head towards the wolf smiling.

“It’s done, Caden. We’ve won” I whisper kissing his forehead which he purrs. Smiling in content I face everyone who is now taking the injured bodies, taking care of the after math.

I saw my brother in a distant, meeting my gaze I wave and smile at him which he just give me a teasing smile.

The war has finally ended and my life will have its new start. And I knew that I am starting this new life of mine together with my mate.