Chapter 44: Experimental Hybrid

We are now currenly on Caden’s office. Andrew and Logan arrive earlier than unexpected. Andrew even brings Miku and Ken with him.

Stating that he can’t trust them to guard her without him around.

Right now, inside the office were just me, Caden, Andrew, Miku and the sleeping Ken in his mom’s arms. We can’t still trust someone inside the circle.

“So how was in the coven?” I ask first looking at them.

They both shook their head implying that it is not good.

“Why?” I continue.

“There are rumours like I told you circling around that we, the royals are lying to them. They are wondering or more like questioning you Claire” Andrew said.

“What does it mean?” Caden asks.

“I don’t have a choice but to introduce Claire as who she really is to everyone, but I still doubt the idea because it can make her life in danger” my brother said looking defeated.

“Does anyone know Miku and you being mates?” I asks and they both shake their heads.

“We should really be careful. They are starting their move. We should be one step ahead from them not the other way around” Caden said crossing his arms and looking at Andrew.

“How can we do that if we still don’t know who we are facing?” Miku asks looking concern.  Of course she is. She has a son who is very fragile.

“We need to eliminate the traitors inside our territory first before planning with everyone. We need to secure the trusted man we have” Caden said making me nod in agreement.

“We already know one traitor inside the pack, we still didn’t know others. How about you?” Caden continued.

“You should clean your territory first then, and in my territory, it’s neat. And I also know where the traitors stayed inside the territory so it’s fine” Andrew said looking serious and determined.

I keep thinking how to corner their leader. What are they going to gain after this?

“Did you know what they wanted besides of course to take down and make the vampire and werewolves race fight?” I ask gaining their attention from what they are talking.

“Power of course” both of them said.

Of course the power is the main reason. I balled my hands into fist in frustration. My nails keep digging in my palm and I started to feel some drippings of my blood.

“Claire” Andrew called to get my attention but I keep looking at my palm with my blood in it.

“Blood” I spat out making them look furrow their brows.

“Pardon?”

“They want my blood, of course. I think I have an idea who is the leader of those rogues” I said looking at them with a wide smile.

“Who?”

“Nicholas Jones” after stating the name both of the leaders stiffen just hearing it.

“How did you know him?” Andrew said looking very angry.

“Of course who will not be interested in knowing your parents murderer?” I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

“Who is he?” Miku asks making the tension in the air more visible.

“Nicholas Jones, an experimental hybrid” this time it is Caden who answer.

“Experimental hybrid?”

“Yes, his father is a well-known scientist, a human scientist to be exact. Upon learning our world and taking some bloods from the deceased creature, he become obsessed with it and started in doing some experiments. He keeps injecting the blood from one species to another. But all of them died after the day or so. But then, he thought that it will have a different reaction if it is injected directly in a human specimen. And that’s when he decided to try it to his own son” Andrew explained. The story was told in every creature, some said it is a myth.

But it was proven wrong when he was seen. And then, he started attacking the packs and covens. And then he attacked the palace to take me. I don’t know how he learned about my ability when no one knows except for my family. That’s when we realize that, Nina, my mother’s aunt told this thing to Nicholas. And being a greedy man he is like his father planned the attack to take me.

“He injected a wolf blood followed by the blood of the vampire. We still don’t know how it happened. It is a common knowledge that the blood of vampire and wolf cannot be mixed” he continued.

“But can an offspring happen when the two race mate?” Miku asks again looking from me to Caden.

“Yes, but it can’t be a hybrid. The offspring is either a pure wolf and a pure vampire, the offspring is based on how strong the other one from his or her mate” Andrew answered looking also between me and Caden.

“Stop looking at us like that. It’s not only me and Caden who are in this kind of fate” I said leaning in the backrest of my seat with Caden beside me.

“What do you mean?”

“There is someone else that is mated to a different race?”

Both of them ask in the same time and Caden and I nodded.

“Who?”

“Don’t mind that back to the story” I said dismissing the topic.

“So yeah, Nicholas is half a vampire and wolf” Andrew concluded making Miku nod.

“But did you know that he is the leader? After all there is no news from him after the rumours saying that he change after meeting his mate?” Caden asks looking at me.

“Yeah his right” Andrew agreed

“He doesn’t have a mate. Remember that his not created by the moon goddess but just an experimental creature. After a thorough research, I find out that he just hide himself to lessen the search for him. And besides, who else wanted my blood more to and wanted to rule both worlds? It’s just a simply thought right?” I said explaining as if I am a professor. But it is all a baseless theory which I hope is correct.

“But we still don’t know. For now, let us make sure about that before we make any move” Andrew said making Caden agree with him.

“And how about what you said that you need to introduce Claire for who she really is?” said Caden making me glare at Andrew.

Damn it why I still didn’t told him that.

“Will, I am still planning on it and I still don’t want to put her in danger” he said.

“I think it’s better to told everyone the truth about her. I can protect her and by then I can have her here permanently” Caden said smiling.

“I think it will be another thing” Andrew argued making Caden glare at him.

“Will, that my fellow leader. I think you need to know the truth of who really your mate is before asking things. We will leave the two of you for now. We want to rest after that long ride” and with that being said the two or more like the three of them left leaving me alone with him looking at me like he was just stab at the back.

That jerk. Thank you very much my dear brother for the problem you left. I really love you. Note the sarcasm.

I look at Caden and smile at him gently. Here comes nothing.

“The truth is…”