Chapter 14: Attack

A minute after, we all gasping for more air.

That was a very long run.

“A good exercise” I joke making them laugh also but not William.

“Don’t just stay behind us do you understand? What if something happen to you. The king will surely get our heads” he said making me roll my eyes.

“Well, nothing happened I am safe. And it’s not the first time” I giggle. This is really the first time I order them to keep running while I stay behind. And one time they didn’t follow my order they end up beaten by me.

Then I ended up being scolded by my brother.

“General, sometimes there’s no harm in sharing the fun” Brent said.

“Don’t worry next time well have fun with those pricks” I said laughing which makes them laugh except William.

“Didn’t you heard what the king said? No fighting if possible. That’d why you guys suck in scouting” he said scolding us while his hands were both in his waist.

We all roll our eyes at him.

The four of us were really a role breaker. We sometimes don’t follow the instructions and all they follow is mine. While William being the king’s general and being obedient he is, follow every order her do.

“William, you need to learn having fun sometimes. Bring your funny side in time like this not in those time without work related” I said to him.

“Whatever, your highness. So what it is?” he ask changing the subject.

I wave my hand to them inviting them to come closer.

“So here’s the plan. We are going to scout what will happen tomorrow. After that if something comes up we will continue monitoring them”

“Aren’t we suppose to go home and report this to the king?” William ask making us all to roll our eyes.

“We are going home after this” I said and he let out a huff sound.

“Okay same time tomorrow night here. You can all rest for tonight. No partrol for tonight” I order again nodded at me.

We went to our own room and rest.

~*~*~*~*~

We are now in a branch of a tree looking at the pack of the alpha king. We are waiting for the vamps to attack the place. Brent is the one who learned the location of the pack of the alpha king.

We didn’t come more closer to lessen the eyes towards us.

A minute later vamp rogues came and started an attack. I control myself not wanting to be involved in the attack. Later the alpha king growl louder gaining everyone’s attention.

He started to run towards the rogue and shift in mid-air. Pinning the rogue after he settled down in the ground.

The attack continues and may hand or more like my body is itching to interfere in the battle.

I know this is not the time for admiring my mate but I can’t help myself. Every leap, growl, run and bite of him makes shiver in my body. He moves swiftly and gracefully.

When I look around the others I saw a rogue ready to kill a were. It is not that far from our position.

And that is the time I choose to interfere. I use the masking spray I have and spray it all over my body. Then I were my mask to hide my face. When others saw what I did they also do the same.

“I think you will share the fun now, general” Michael said and I send them a wink before I leap from the branch and using my super speed I came beside the rogue ready to bite a werewolf.

I take my dagger and penetrate it through the rogue’s side.

It growl at me but I kick it’s snout. I jump to its back. I spread my legs to it’s leg and lock it under his neck. I move my legs sideways push the dagger I have in its neck.

I get down after the rogue is dead.

Shock is all written in the wolf’s face. But I just laugh it and start attacking the others. When other rogues saw us they snarl at us.

I look for my comrades seeing them also fight siding the wolves. Not a minute after they all started to retreat. I smile under my mask.

That’s right run away like a coward you truly are

“That was fun” Michael said out of nowhere which makes the wolves and the alpha king look at us.

I hit the back of his neck. He really don’t know where and when to talk

“Who are you?” the king demanded after he shift and wear a short.

“Just a nobody. Babush” I answer not looking at him.

Even though he can’t smell me because of the masking spray when we look at each other he will definitely know me.

We started to walk away and the wolves seems no problem at that.

The next day we are packing our clothes because we are going home. The information we have right now is quite enough.

After packing our things we went to the airport. Not long after we are now boarding in the airplane back in Canada.

If you are wondering why the sun is not affecting us, well human stories always exaggerate.

Our ancestors in the last century choose to show at night because we are stronger during night. People might not know that they are communicating with vampires.

Some well-known models in the past century are vampires though.

I look at the window of the plane and my mind drifted to what might happened yesterday.

Did he wait for me after the attack? Or stayed to his pack to ensure its safety?

I hope he didn’t went to the lake to wait for me. Thinking that he waited for me in the forest makes my heart shatter to pieces.

I don’t want to hurt him. But I need to. Whatever happen he is still a werewolf not to mention his the king and I am a vampire not also to mention I am a princess.

We are both a royalty that need to serve our own people.

Love is just a distraction and it may cloud our judgment in ruling. As a royal we must priority our people sake before our own happiness.

That’s why being a royalty suck. Pleasing people demand before our self.