Chapter 3: Ball

"What a handsome old hags we are" Logan counter the thought I said.

"Yeah, very old with a wrinkles visible in their foreheads and I am going to get engage to one" I said.

"Hey you going to get to far" Logan answer but I just laugh at them.

Andrew just shake his head with the commotion or more like a child talk we have. He is used to it. And they don't have really a wrinkles visible. Being a vampire has it perks.

Like your going to live for so long and you will still look beautiful.

"Alright that's enough, we are going far from the main point of this meeting" Andrew said interrupting Logan for what he is going to say.

"So the main point is, in three days we are going to have a ball where I am going to announce to everyone that you are going to be my fiancé" he said to me and I just nod.

"All I need it to act like I am head over heels over you right?" I ask and he just nod.

"And Andrew also will" Logan interrupt.

"So this is just for the show then back to normal?" I ask and they both nodded.

"But Andrew will be more sweeter. Like the times when you were young and Andrew is so sweet and protective that he doesn't want even a fly come near you" he explain and I scoff.

"I am not a kid" I argue.

"Again this is for the act. And beside this will also be a way for the both of you to cope up with the times the both of you lost" Logan explain and I agree with his idea.

"Well it is not that bad after all. I have so many stories to tell you back in the human world when I started to live on my own" I say and look at Andrew.

"Well that's settled then, I am going to talk to you for those three days preparation so expect the times I will call you" he said and I nod.

I make myself out in the office and instead of going in the training ground I went to the nursery where the little vamps whose parents were busy stay.

I love being around with the kids. I enjoy their company. Back in the human world, I am sometimes helping the orphanage.

When the kids smell my scent when I came inside they all run towards me and I welcome them with open arms.

"How was everyone?" I ask them with a big smile on my face.

I spend the rest of my day in the nursery playing with the kids until four in the afternoon and their parents started to come and get them.

Two days passed and tomorrow is the ball. Everyone is busy and like what Andrew said he keeps calling me for some preparations. Well apparently I don't help much.

I just came for the measurement for my dress and the rest I am in the nursery again. William know how to train the warriors than me. Well he's the general before I came.

For me training means fighting with me and I will judge the way they fight. I will comment on what to strengthen and what to do next time yadi yadi yada.

And the day of the ball came and I am here in my room making myself prepare for the ball. Andrew will come and get me for the ball anyway.

The wide garden of the palace becomes the venue of the ball. They made a small podium in an area in the garden.

That is only what I saw yesterday and make myself leave.

So here I am going to be super surprise for the transformation they make in the garden.

My brother take me to the venue after a minute. He lend his out for me and I gladly take it.

"Are you ready, sweety?" he ask me while we went downstairs.

"I am not a Ford if I am not ready for anything that happen" I answer that make his smile more wider.

"That's our princess" he say and he is about to pat my head when I raise my hand to stop his action.

"Don't. I spend so much time in fixing my hair than doing my make-up"

He just laugh at me and we are now in front of the garden.

And the ball start from us walking until we get in the stage they make. They make so much preparation for such an entertaining show.

A buffet table in the corner. More lamp post to give more light but they shouldn't give more important to it because tonight it full moon and it will give us more light for this event.

Andrew give a short message then everyone started to dig in their own food. Soft music were being heard. Everyone were in their own world talking with someone or somewhat gossiping.

I sit between Andrew and Logan and I start thinking if I should trade sit with one of them because they are both talking in each other like I am not in their center.

But I don't mind it, I happily eat my ice cream. The best thing about having a ball is having many foods and it means many dessert.

I have a sweet teeth, that's why I love desserts and candies and cookies with chocolate.

"I think it's time" Logan said that makes me look at him. I am about to ask him what is it but he stand up from his chair.

"Turn for what?" I ask Andrew instead. He look at me and raise his eyebrow and that's when I realize what is the purpose of this ball.

I immediately drink the red liquid in my glass and look back at him again.

"I am ready" I said and he just shakes his head. He lifts his hands and I feel it in the corner of my lips.

"There, you're ready" he said.

"...important to say" that is the only thing I understand in what Logan said.

Andrew stand up from his chair and Logan give the mic to Andrew.

"Good evening everyone, thank you for coming to this event. I would like to make an announcement tonight and it is very important and that is the real purpose of this ball" he said and then look at me with a smile and he turn his look at everyone.

"Everyone need a queen by his side to rule, to make a balance decision. I know everyone know about her. But from this night you will not see her as what she is. Everyone, let me present to you, Claire Jones" he said and motioned me come by his side and I oblige.

"The main purpose of this ball is for the engagement party" he added and everyone bow down their head, showing respect not just for Andrew but also for me. It means they accept me as their future queen.

The title which is not mine and for Andrew's mate only.