Chapter 11: Save By My Mate

Days passed quickly and Caden and me always meet at the lake.

Also we are having a progress in finding the mastermind behind the unknown attacks.

Right now I am walking inside the forest. The sun is starting to set making the color of the clouds in the sky change. A pink with a touch of violet is painted in the sky. It is the most beautiful sunset I ever seen, ever since I came here in New York.

I’m coming in our so called ‘secret spot’, as what Caden call it, earlier than usual.

I also brought sandwiches with me to just to have something to eat.

I am leaping while my hands both sway at my side. My face having the widest smile.

But something seems wrong. I started to walk slowly and raise my guard up. I observe my surrounding but nothing’s wrong.

Until I heard a snap of a branch from my back. I instantly look at my back until I saw what cause that sound.

A big light brown wolf came in front of me. Eyes burning red, mouth hanging open, sharp fangs ready to attack and his extended claws, not to forget the nasty smell.

Rogue.

It growl at me. I step my right feet at my back and ready to defend myself for a possible attack.

When he notice my movement he growl to me again and it started to run forward and lunged at me.

I ready my self to kick him but a big black wolf tackle him to the ground. The black wolf is way bigger than the rogue. He looks like the same size like me when I am standing. My height is about 5’9 so it’s really big.

I step backward again and about to start running when the black wolf growl at my direction.

“I’m not a good meal” I said talking to the wolf when I notice his eyes. The same blue eyes with Caden.

That’s when I notice his smell, lavender and books. My favourite smell.

He started to advance and I start to walk backwards. I shouldn’t move because first of all not that scary but because I am ‘human’ I should be.

Every step back I make, a growl is heard from him.

Until I feel my back hit the trunk of the tree. Caden move closer until his snout is in my neck, taking my smell.

When he notice that my eyes are closed he started to walk backwards and run off behind a tree.

He’s wolf is handsome like him. I feel my legs turn into jelly and just found my self seating in the ground.

I heard another sound that came from the tree where my mate came and Caden come out in his human form. Worry is evident in his eyes.

His steps were bigger and faster towards me.  Just look at him.

He bended his left foot to make  us eye level. In a split seond I found my self eing embraced by his strong arms.

“Caden” I call him which make his hug tighter.

He hold my shoulder and look at my eyes.

“Are you okay?” he ask and I just nod.

He help me stand up and started to walk away from the body of now dead rogue.

I look back at the rogue and when he notice where I am looking he get my attention by holding me under my chin to look at him.

“I need to tell you something” he said that made my forehead furrow.

“What it is?” I ask.

“I’ll tell you when we arrive at the lake” he said and I just nod my head.

None of us talk or dare to broke the silence between us. He also looks nervous. Until last time that we both walk to the lake he always look at my direction but now he always averted his eyes at me.

I wonder what he wanted to tell me. Upon arriving in the lake I walk in front of him and ask what he wanted to tell me right away.

He heaved a sign before making a move forward.

“Promise me that whatever I will tell you, you won’t be scared or run away from me” he said and then again I nod my head.

“Remember that big wolf earlier?” he ask.

“The light brown wolf?” I confirm and he nod.

“It’s a werewolf” he said waiting for my reaction and when he get none he continue talking.

“Werewolves are real you see. They are not myth. They are just hiding from human” he explain.

“Then the next you will tell me is that your one, a werewolf” I said follow by a small laugh. But I know he’s really a werewolf.

“And what if I tell you I am?” he ask like his challenging me.

“That’s nice. What are you in your pack? An alpha? Beta? Or a warrior?”

“How did you know about those things?” he ask as he narrows his eyes at me.

“Well you see my dear, there is this thing called reading and a book” I answer him while shrugging my shoulder.

“But I am a werewolf. I can prove you that” he said again.

“Show me then” I said challenging him where in fact I want to see his wolf again.

“Please don’t shout or run away from me after this” he said and then again I nod.

He started to take his pants and t-shirt off leaving on his boxers.

“What are you doing?” I ask him.

“Shifting”

After he answer a sound of bones were heard then in a minute a human Caden was replace of a big black wolf.

I stare at him in awe. He is really big. I start to walk towards him still looking at the wolf’s eye.

Then as if my hands has it’s own mind, it lifted in the air and touch the head of the wolf. The wolf also bended his head so that I can touch him more.

I look at him warily as he step backward then he change back into his human form. He wear his pants and t-shirt and then look at me.

“Your wolf is beautiful”

He look shock after I told him that which replace a smile after.