M.W | Prom Dress.

A/n: lol i love mxmtoon, Maia is thE BEST.

Y/n's POV.

It was my fourth year of high school, finals was coming so was prom.

I was in the library, studying, taking notes and drinking coffee to atleast cope with this stress.

I honestly don't give a single shit about prom, heck I'm not even sure if I'm going to it. And even if I'm going, who am I going with?

For atleast years and years of me in Hawkins, I didn't get to date anyone. Guess I was too focused on my education.

Not even a single lad here in the corridors of this high school asked me out.

I have friends, a few tho.

But what if I'm going tho? Without a date? Seriously? Is that shit even allowed? If I go alone, will someone at least ask me to dance?

Heck, I have no idea.

I was too caught up with my thoughts that I didn't even notice the school librarian snapping her fingers on my face trying to get my attention.

"finals?" she asked with a smile.

"uh yeah" I answered while clumsily smiling back.

"good luck kiddo, I'm sure you'll do great. Oh and the school prom is coming up, are you supposed to be preparing for that too?" she asked again.

"I'm not sure if I'm going, first I need to study and second, I don't have anyone to go with me. Don't have a date yet." I said taking off my glasses and gently rubbing my eyes.

"someone will make a move sweetheart, don't worry." she said while smiling kindly then walked to the bookshelves.

A few hours of studying has passed, I finally decided to go home.

*as Y/n got home. *

I closed the door behind me until my mom called me from the kitchen.

"honey! Y/n? Is that you?"

"what is it mom? Need help with anything?" i asked going to the kitchen getting a soda can out of the fridge.

"look what I have!" she said as she brought out a beautiful cream pastel gown. "it's for you hun, for prom." she said as she smiled.

I choked on my soda.

"but mom I'm not going, I'm going to study for fina-"

"no buts young lady, you've been studying for hours and working your ass off. And I'm sure you can nail that exam! But for now have a little fun! Your father already said yes so you're so going!"

fucking great.

*prom day*

Prom day has come, I'm all fixed up by my mom who's overly excited. Probably more excited than me and took millions and millions of pictures of me before she brought me here.

"have fun!" she said driving off.

So, I'm all alone. Cause no one asked me on a date. My friends have dates so they picked them up to go here together and my mom casually drove me here.

By the moment I stepped in there, I'm sure that I'm going to regret going here.

I sat alone, because my friends were slow dancing with their dates already.

Why did I seriously thought that prom was going to be fun, I should've stayed home. Like what's the point of this?

But seriously tho, did I just missed out the "fun" that was supposed to be included in high school life? Because of me being too focused on graduating and stressing out over works?

Wow that sucks.

My eyes became watery at the thought of everything. Great my eyeliner is now smudged.

I wanna run away from here.

I stood up, about to go out the doors.

Until someone called me.

"Y/n! Wait!"

I took a tissue from my purse and removed the eyeliner smudge from my face.

I turned around to face, the person who called me.

"Mike?"

Holy smokes, it's Michael Wheeler. The school's frog face as they call him.

Oh my god why? Why didn't i realise that he was THIS cute? A bit emo looking but damn, he's cute.

"where are you going? And why are you crying?" he asked filled with worry in his eyes.

Goodness, stop being cute.

"oh, this is nothing Mike. I swear, I just want to go home."

"But prom hasn't even started yet, come on Y/n" he pleaded.

Mike stop seriously you're being too adorable holy shit.

"I really have to go Mike, and besides I don't have a date and no one to dance with. I can go out without having to worry about a stupid date. This is nonsense." i answered laughing.

"we-well, I actually ca-came up to yo-you about that. I wanted t-to asked you something Y/n." he nervously said.

"what is it?"

"i know this is really late, and probably ridiculous 'cause I'm too much of a chicken to ask you. But will you go to prom with me?" he asked while blushing.

Holy shit.

For real?

"are you serious Mike?"

"ye-yeah, but if you-"

"of course I'll go with you!"

"gOD I'M SO STUPID TO ASK YOU THAT I'M SOR- wait. WHAT?!" he asked surprised.

"I said, yes Mike. I'll go to prom with you. You cutie." I said hugging him.

This is unreal. He's so cute.

He hugged me back putting his chin on top of my head. I just thought that Mike is so tall, woah.

"you go Mike!" Dustin said.

I felt Mike gave Dustin a thumbs up while smiling.

"wanna dance?" he asked pretending to be a prince.

We'll he looks like one.

"ofcourse." I said as I did a courtesy.

I guess prom is not that bad.