Viv the Human Pt. 2

Felicia and Viv were chatting away while you sat there with your coffee. You were the one who came here with Viv yet you felt like the third wheel.

Felicia: I love your outfit by the way. Really makes your hair pop.

Viv: My friend suggested it. I enjoy the balance of black and white.

Felicia: You know you sound kind of weird when you talk. I kinda like it.

You rolled your eyes. If only she knew. At least this was a nice break after being at the batting cages for an hour.

Y/N: Oh yeah, what movie did you want to watch?

Viv gave it some thought before nodding.

Viv: On that will make me cry.

You raised a brow. Why would she want to cry? Crying sucks. Who willingly wants to make themselves cry?

Felicia: I get that. Sometimes you just need to let it out. I recommend El Destino Del Amante. It's a foreign film but it had me crying like a baby by the end of it.

Viv: The Lover's Fate? Can we watch that one?

You nodded. You were just excited to go to a movie theater. Felicia seemed to suddenly remember something and stood up.

Felicia: I'm so sorry. I got a bit caught up in talking to you and I forgot you guys were on a date.

She then turned to you with a playful smile.

Felicia: Though you should look out for him. He's a bit tricky when it comes down to the action.

You felt your cheeks turn red. You were really hopping Viv didn't know what she had meant.

Viv: Indeed. His strength and speed are also impressive. He, as you say, gave me a run for my money.

And now you wish she got the joke. Felicia's eyes went wide before she turned back to you with a face.

Felicia: Y-yeah. A-and on th-that note I'm j-just going to g-go. Bye.

With that, Felicia grabbed her stuff and left. You slowly turned to Viv who was completely unaware of the situation.

Y/N: Trust Felicia to make things weird.
----------
The movie theater was very nice and exactly what your were expecting. TV had given you an idea of what was waiting but it was huge! You got the tickets and then headed to the snack bar for, well snacks.

Y/N: So what do you want to snack on? Candy? Popcorn? Souls of the damned?

Viv: I am unable to consume souls.

Y/N: That was just a jo.. you know what? Forget it.

Viv: I will be sure to delete it from my memory banks once I get access of them again. I would also like popcorn.

You headed to the counter and began to order a large popcorn and some drinks. As you did so, you noticed a group of boys around your age nearby looking over at Viv. You couldn't hear what they had said but they all began to laugh. One of the boys, a shorter boy with a crew cut, separated from the group and headed towards Viv. He began to talk to her and you noticed her shift in posture. She really was acting a bit more like a person.

Y/N: Maybe I should step in.

You got your popcorn and drinks and headed over to you, ah, "date".

Boy: Come on. The next showing is in 15 minutes. You can even hold onto me during the scary parts.

Viv: As I have stated before, I am here with someone else.

Boy: And where is this person? I don't see him anywhere.

Y/N: Why don't you turn around?

The boy turned and looked at you in a intimidating manner. At least he tried to. He ended up looking right at your chest before slowly panning up to look at your face. He audibly gulped and looked over to his friends.

Y/N: They aren't gonna help. Scram.

The boy hurried off to his friends and you turned to Viv.

Y/N: Sorry about that. What a punk.

Viv: He did not look like he played an instrument.

You just smiled and handed her a drink.

Y/N: Let's get going. The movie is about to start.
-----------
The movie wasn't anything great. Just a bunch of overdramatic romance and a whole lot of cliches. You recalled watching the Hallmark Channel with Widow and seeing a lot of the same stuff. The ending was what must have done it. You happened to look around to the other occupants of the theater and noticed that a lot of the females were crying. Even some of the males.

You turned to Viv and found that she was stone faced through the whole thing. You wondered what she thought about it. You began to wonder a lot of things. Did she feel emotion like you? She had confessed about being confused about stuff every once and a while and she was able to smile. Just earlier she had mentioned that she felt like she accomplished something at the batting cages.

The movie was finally over and the two of you exited to the hall. You threw away what trash you had left and walked with her.

Y/N: So, what did you think?

Viv: The cinematography wasn't anything impressive. The writing was bland and the characters lacked depth.

You just liked the movie. You both left the theater and headed to your next location. The museum. You both walked in silence for a moment before Viv wrapped her arms around your right arm. You flinch at the sudden gesture.

Y/N: You ok?

Viv: Is there something wrong with me?

You looked at her confused.

Viv: Everyone else was crying at the movie. Why did I not feel anything?

Oh. That explains it. What do you even say to that? Sorry that you can't feel emotion because your an android? No. This was your friend looking for some kind of comfort. You needed to be there for her.

Y/N: I wasn't crying.

She looked up to you.

Y/N: As a matter of fact that movie sucked. Don't feel bad about not feeling anything for that crap.

Viv seemed a bit happier. You then placed your free hand on hers and smiled.

Y/N: Besides, you feel bad about it right? That means you feel something in the end.

Viv suddenly realized that you were right. Guilt. She felt guilt. She felt bad for not crying.

Viv: I see. I am learning quite a bit during this project.

Y/N: Don't you mean date?

Viv just smiled.

Viv: Yes. Date.

Ok, you were having fun now.

The museum was actually kind of lame but maybe the swimming pool would be more fun.