The Morons of the Galaxy Pt. 1

You leaned against the wall of the shop Nadia was looking around in. You had found a replacement for cigarettes that were much healthier but tastes the same. You took a drag just as Nadia walked out holding her bag.

Y/N: You find what you're looking.

Nadia nodded and the two of you started your way back towards the ship. There still wasn't any word on the Asgardian but you didn't complain. It was nice to not be on the move for once. Cosmo had offered small jobs here and there which you took out of boredom.

Peter kept to the bars waiting for his crew to return. He had offered to introduce you to them since they had expressed interest in meeting more people from Earth. You agreed to it since you were curious about them from the way Cosmo talked about them.

Nadia: This place is pretty nice once you get past the thugs and possible drug problems.

Y/N: Yeah. Kinda reminds me of home.

Nadia smiled at the memory of New York. It was weird that you actually missed the dirty streets and rude people. Turns out it was just universal. Like flipping the bird.

The two of you ended up passing by a bar where you found Peter stumbing out. It took a few days but, you had acatually grown to like the drunk idiot.

Y/N: Hey Quill.

Peter looked around and spotted the two of you. He smiled widely and waved.

Peter: Perfect timing. My crew just came back.

You and Nadia grinned.

Y/N: Sounds good. Aren't you guys running a job for Cosmo?

Peter nodded. Suddenly, he got an idea.

Peter: You guys should come with us. We could use the help.

You looked at Nadia who gave you the ok.

Y/N: Sure. Let's meet this crew of yours.

Peter laughed.

Peter: Yeah. Let's go meet the Guardians of the Galaxy.

You and Nadia froze in place.

Nadia: Guardians of the Galaxy? Like, the entire galaxy?

You both looked at each other.

Y/N: God help us all.
-------
The three of you reached the space port and you found a new ship parked next to yours. Outside of the ship was a, uh...was that a racoon holding a tablet.

Peter: Rocket!

The racoon looked up and saw the three of you. He didn't look too amused but he lowered the tablet.

Peter: Guys, this is Rocket Racoon. He's kinda the weapons guy slash team mascot.

 He's kinda the weapons guy slash team mascot

Rocket: Go suck a dick Quill. I'm not a mascot.

Peter: Sure you're not. Rocket, these are the two I mentioned. Y/N and Nadia.