The Morons of the Galaxy Pt. 2

Peter: Alright crew, up and at them. Time to deliver a shipment for the retriver.

He turned and smiled to see if anyone would laugh. No one was even paying attention.

Peter: Tough crowd.

He activated the thrusters as the ship flew out of Knowhere. The delivery was a simple one, just some goods to be shipped to Xandar, and should only take a day at most.

Y/N: So what's this place like?

Drax: Clean. Like a freshly cleaned baby's bottom.

You looked at him for a moment before turning to Rocket.

Y/N: So what's this place like?

Rocket: It's the capitol for the Nova Empire. Bunch of upperclass assholes. Lots of money to be made there.

Nadia: Nova?

Rocket: You know them? They try to shake you down to?

Y/N: No we have a fri...shake us down to?

You shook your head.

Y/N: We have a friend who was a part of the Nova Corp. Sam Alexander.

Rocket: Never heard of him. Must be a newbie.

Peter: Has he ever been to Xandar?

You openes your mouth to answer but realized you didn't know. Nadia was even clueless.

Nadia: I'm sure he would've brought it up at least once. Plus he did mention that he was a special case.

Peter punched in something on the controls and you suddenly felt like the entire ship had streached. The ship then leaped forward and you and Nadia felt your stomachs drop. The ship came to a halt and you felt like you wanted go throw up.

Nadia: What the hell was that?

Rocket: The jump? Have you guys not jumped before?

Y/N: Our ship is state of the art for Earth but we ain't got anything like that.

Gamora: How have you two gotten this far without a jump?

Nadia: Two years of bouncing from planet to planet.

Everyone hissed.

Peter: That's gotta be rough.

Y/N: Not really. We mostly watched movies Nadia pirated before we left.

Peter: You guys got Star Trek?

You raised a brow.

Y/N: You mean Star Wars?

Peter: No. Star Trek. Captain Kirk?

You shrugged. Peter spun his chair around and looked at you offended.

Peter: You never seen Star Trek? How did you spend 20 years of your life on Earth and never hear of Star Trek?

Y/N: I was homeless for 16 of those years, a Hero for 2, and been drifting through space for the final 2.

Peter suddenly looked embarrassed as he slowly turned back around.

Rocket: We're here.

You and Nadia looked out the front and saw the next planet.

Nadia: Looks like Earth.

The ship got closer and you could feel the gravity slowly return. Rocket flew the ship to a stop at one of the landing docks and the entire ship rested. Everyone unbuckled and you stood up to streach.

Groot: I am Groot.

Y/N: I am Groot?

Nadia: This is seriously starting to bug me. At least translate.

Y/N: He said that the people here look and speak like us so we don't need a translator.

Nadia looked at the two fo you confused. How did all that come out of three words? Peter opened the ship's doors and stepped out. He started to talk to an officer as you and Nadia looked around. The place looked like a futuristic earth. So clean.

Drax: The air here makes me sick.

Nadia: Why's that?

Drax: Smells like privilege.

He walked away without another word.

Y/N: And I don't know how to talk to you.

You turned back to Peter who was returning from talking to the officer. He looked like Sam when he was in uniform. The only difference was his golden helmet.

Peter: They're going to check out the cargo. Until they're done, we have some stuff we need to check out.

Nadia: We can look around until then.

Suddenly Gamora perked up.

Gamora: Or...the girls can go do their own thing. Like that one thing you told us about Peter. Girl time? Minus the other stuff.

Peter: But, that's what makes girl time fun for the guys.

Gamora: No guys allowed.

Nadia: I mean, it would be nice to spend time with some other females for once.

Y/N: Go nuts. I'll have them show me around. Maybe I can find some new gear.

Nadia kissed your cheek and ruahed off with the others. You turned back to the remaining Guardians.

Y/N: Is there a weapon or armor shop around here?

Rocket began to snicker.

Rocket: You bet you ass there is. Come along kid. I have some spots to show you.

He began to rub his hands evilly while laughing to himself.

Drax: I wouldn't bet my ass. I need it to sit down.

Rockey led the way and you followed. Maybe these guys aren't so bad after all.