What We Left Behind

You yawned as you woke up for the morning. No training for today after last night's mission. You noticed that Felicia was absent from the bed so you got up and threw on a shirt before heading out into the living room. She was watching TV with Pancake on her lap. The cat looked up at you and meowed before laying back on Felicia.

Felicia: Morning.

Y/N: Morning.

You kissed her head and walked to the kitchen. You found Tyrone already there drinking coffee. He nodded as a greeting and you poured yourself a cup.

Y/N: I'm surpised your up so early.

Tyrone: Couldn't stay in bed. Last night got me too excited.

Y/N: I know that feeling.

The two of you leaned against the counter and drank your coffee.

Tyrone: So you and Felicia been dating for a while now right?

You nodded.

Y/N: Nearly a year. I met her about a half a month after I joined the Program.

Tyrone: So the two of you have been through some things.

You nodded. Maybe a bit too much. The things she helped you through and the things you faced together. It was almost the end of the school year. You weren't enrolled yet so you didn't attend the end of sophomore year since it was pointless to go to school for two months.

Y/N: What month is it?

Tyrone: May.

You almost dropped your mug. You set it on the counter and looked at the calendar. Has it been that long already? This long and you never contacted Viv or Nadia or anyone else.

Y/N: Oh shit.

Tyrone: What's up?

Y/N: Sorry I just, i haven't spoken to anyone from my old team.

Tyrone: Does Felicia mind?

You and Tyrone peeked into the living room where you watched Felicia play with Pancake. She was holding him up while he smacked his paws against her chest. He looked up at you and smirked.

Tyrone/Y/N: He knows what he's doing.

You both ducked back into the kitchen. You swear. You were going to end up throwing that cat out.

Tyrone: She looks ok with everything.

You wondered if she even thought about everyone you left behind. You found yourself thinking about them less and less but it wasn't like you were trying to forget them. They were you family for so long.

Maybe you should talk to her about it later.
-------
You were once again sparing with Molly while Cat taught Dagger some new moves and Victor worked with Cloak. Everyone was alresdy improving which was actually nice to see. Seems like the Strikers were going to be ok after all. Molly tried to attack you while you were soacing out but you blocked her again.

Molly: How do you do that?! Are you reading my mind?

Y/N: No but, I could.

Molly looked at you with eyes of wonder. She suddenly looked over to Pancake who was sleeping on one of the chairs on the porch.

Molly: Can you read his mind?

You looked at Pancake and wondered if you could. You focused your mind and the world went silent.

Pancake: Boobs.

You immediately let go of the connection.

Y/N: Nope.

You turned away from the perverted cat and noticed everyone was done with their training. It was noon after all.

YN: Good work everyone. Keep it up and we'll be a fully functional team in no time.

You gave a thumbs up while Dagger rolled her eyes and Cloak caught his breath. Molly jumped up.

Molly: Like the Avengers!

You slowly looked away.

Y/N: Yeah. Something like that.

Victor: Well since you're calling it a day I'm going to go inside and read.

He entered the cabin and you walked over to Cat. She was stretching her arms before she noticed you.

Cat: Hey handsome~

Y/N: Hey. Were you going to do something?

She shook her head.

Y/N: Perfect. Want to go out?

Cat smirked.

Cat: Are you asking me out on a date?

You playfully rolled your eyes.

Y/N: I think we're already past that point. But yes. I would like to take you out on a date.

Cat smiled.

Cat: Sure. Just let me get cleaned up.

She walked past you and into the house.

Tyrone: I'm guessing you're going to talk to her about the Program?

You nodded.

Tandy: What's going on?

You looked at the blonde haired girl.

Y/N: Me and Cat are going out. I wanted to talk to her about some stuff.

Tandy: Oh cool. What time can we expect you back?

You shrugged.

Y/N: I guess I should say "don't wait up" or something like that.

Tandy smiled before walking off. Tyrone raised a brow.
----------
You and Cat rode into town on your bike. First stop, food. Sweet, delicious, fulfilling food. You parked the bike and Cat hopped off. You took off your helmet as well. Felicia and Cat had agreed to let her take over for the whole date since it was rare for the two of you to actually go on dates. Felicia was the more romantic type while Cat mostly liked to tease.

You both got a booth by the window and waites for the waitress to take your drink orders.

Cat: You know, after growing up in the city my whole life, this town has really grown on me.

Y/N: I know what you mean. Everything here is so peaceful. I never realized how tense I was until we came here.

The waitress returned with your drinks before taking your food orders. Once she left you decided to ask Cat the question on you mind.

Y/N: Do you miss it?

Cat shrugged.

Cat: I miss being able to jump around buildings and stuff but mostly, no. Neither does Felicia.

Y/N: What about the Program?

Cat didn't answer right away. She began to trace the edge of her mug as she thought.

Cat: Of course we miss them. They were our friends. We were all close. Almost like a family.

You knew exactly how she felt. It really did hurt to leave them the way you did. No word or anything until you were too far for them to do anything. You wondered what Moony told them.

Cat: I kinda do miss that part of it.

You looked up at her.

Y/N: Our friends?

Cat: Our family.

You nodded. You missed them to but you couldn't go back yet. You still needed to get strong. You also had to help Cloak, Dagger, and Molly.

Cat: I wonder what they're up to.

Y/N: Being good people no doubt.

Cat laughed before taking a sip of her drink.