The Gladiator Pt 3

Sam followed the streaks in the air as he tried to find you and Warlock. He needed to help you defeat him somehow. He knew that he could only do so much since you and this Warlock guy were leagues ahead of him but he didn't care. He was going to help his friend. He heard a massive crash and looked beyond the hills to see you and Warlock facing each other. He flew in and landed nearby.

Y/N: It's the device in his head. We need to get rid of it somehow.

Sam looked at the device and nodded. The man powered up again as you coated yourself in your Mattahan Armor 2.0 yet again. The man and you vanished from Sam's view.

Sam: Where did they...

You both appeared overhead and collided your fists together. The force from the hit pushed Sam to the ground as some of the hills around you broke into large chunks. You and Warlock exchanged blows while Sam watched. Every blow came with a loud clash as Sam began to worry.

Sam: How are we going to do this?! He's on par with Y/N and he's stronger than ever.

Sam then looked down at his hand.

Sam: How am I supposed to help? I'm nowhere near where they are.

He shook his head.

Sam: Now isn't the time to be thinking about that. I have to do what it takes.

He suddenly felt something strange from his helmet. He shook his head and flew up to join the fight. You absorbed a hit from Warlock just as he delivered a second one which you had to phase through you. This proved to be pointless. He still hit you somehow. You flew back into a hill which destroyed it.

Sam's body was covered in cosmic energy as he flew faster to reach Warlock. He reached his arms out and fired off blasts towards the man.

Sam: I can't hurt him with my powers but I can at least buy Y/N some time.

Sam flew around to avoid Warlock's attack while firing off more blasts. You pushed a large boulder off of yourself and stood back up. Most of your "armor" was destroyed now but it didn't matter. You looked up and saw that Sam was still distracting Warlock.

Y/N: Shit. I need to get back in there.

You covered your body again and blasted off towards the two men. You finally reached them and waited until Sam made Warlock face away. You used this opening to bring out your claws and stab them into Warlock's shoulder from behind.

Warlock: AHHH!

You twisted it and blasted away. Warlock grabbed his shoulder and turned back towards you. Sam flew next to you and you noticed something odd.

Y/N: What's up with your helmet?

Sam reached up and touched it. He quickly retracted his hand. It was unbelievably hot. Why wasn't he feeling it on his head.

Sam: I have no idea.

Warlock: Tear the apart. Live to see another day.

You both looked back to Warlock who was grabbing his head again.

Warlock: Make it stop. Make it stop!

Suddenly a massive burst of energy came from his body. You and Sam lifted your arms to protect yourself but the energy burnt your skin while Sam was protected by his strange new aura.

Warlock: MAKE IT STOP!

He vanished before he appeared before you again. He grabbed your arm and threw you to the ground below. The impact caused a small crater before he slammed into you which created a much bigger one. Blood spilled from your mouth as Warlock pushed down even more. Warlock dissapeared before he appeared in the skies with Sam yet again.

Sam: This is bad! Y/N keeps getting put out of commission.

Warlock turned towards Sam.

Warlock: Free me from his control.

He dashed towards Sam but Sam didn't move. He didn't know what happened but in that very moment, he saw everything.

Back when he first went to school in New Mexico. He never got along with the other kids since he was smaller than them. His father was always gone and they used it to get to him. One day, everything changed when he found the black helmet. It was odd to think that, even though it wasn't a person or even a living thing, it became his first friend. For the first time, he felt like he was worth something.

He became a hero. He protected those who couldn't protect themselves. He met Kamala and Miles. He made friends. He had a family. His eyes drifted down to where you were. Things changed when you showed up. He wasn't the powerhouse anymore. You became friends with everyone right away and you immediately took him as your own without a second thought. You were his brother in arms. That would never change. He wasn't about to let you down now.

Sam: No.

Warlock got closer to him as Sam's eyes began to glow.

Sam: I WON'T FALL BEHIND NOW!

Warlock was suddenly blown away by a massive blast of energy. He slammed into a nearby hill and you looked up at Sam to see something wonderful. His helmet and uniform was now glowing a beautiful blue and his energy flowed all over his body. Even his skin seemed to glow the bright color. His fists were glowing even bright than the rest of his body.

Y/N: Now that's an upgrade.

You blasted up to rejoin the fight. Sam looked at his body in amazement before he smirked.

Sam: Now this is what I'm talking about.

You both turned towards Warlock. Sam could see his massive aura now. So this was what Valkyrie and you saw.

Sam: Looks like I'm able to keep up now.

You smiled as you readied for the second round.

Y/N: Don't go letting me down now.

Sam suddenly thought of something.

Sam: Can I ask something?

You raised a brow.

Y/N: Alright.

Sam: If we beat this guy, and I prove myself, can I have your blessing?

You looked at him confused.

Y/N: My blessing? For what?

Sam took a deep breath.

Sam: I'M DATING MOLLY!

You slowly turned your head towards him.

Y/N: You're, dating, who?

Sam: Molly. I'll explain it later but that's what I ask.

You gave it some thought. You were totally not ok with this idea but at the same time, this was Sam. Well, it was Sam. You shook your head. Sam grew up. He wasn't that pervert you once knew anymore. Besides, he had the balls to ask you for your blessing despite seeing what you could do.

Y/N: Fine. Keep up and help me get that thing off of him and you have my blessing.

Sam smiled.

Sam: I won't let you down.

The two of you turned back to Warlock who recovered. He flew back up and faced the two of you.