1950's Pt. 3

You lifted your head from the tub of water and shook your wet hair. You dipped your hands in and used it to wash your face a bit better. You grabbed the towel next to you and dried your face a bit before setting it back down. You grabbed your jacket and threw it on as you walked to where Robbie was.

Since everyone warmed up to the two of you, Robbie had found a new kind of comfort in cards. It was now almost your third year in the war and you had just gotten a letter from Felicia telling you they were doing fine. Katie sent a letter to Robbie but he refused to read it aloud.

You sat next to him and looked at his cards. Looking good. You pulled out the magazine Viv had sent you and looked through it. You felt someone kick you boot and you looked up.

Logan: I need you two in my tent.

You looked at Robbie and shrugged. Robbie slapped down his cards before collecting his winnings. The two of you followed Logan to his tent where he pointed at the map.

Logan: I found out where your friend is.

You and Robbie looked at each other excitingly.

Y/N: Where?!

Logan pointed at a place on the map. You looked at it and frowned.

Robbie: That's an enemy base.

Logan nodded before he pit out his cigarette.

Logan: Exactly. He's a POW right now. Of you guys want him, there he is.

You and Robbie both looked at the spot and nodded.

Y/N: Alright. What squard is heading there?

Logan: None. If you do this, you're on your own.

You and Robbie looked at each other. You didn't get the rank of Sarget Major for nothing.

Y/N: Fine. We'll just go at night.

Robbie: One last mission for the Devil Brothers.

You both smiled before bumping fists. Logan looked at the two of you and shook his head.

Logan: Crazy kids.
--------
You and Robbie moved through the trees in silence. You checked the map again and saw that you were close. You had to leave your Turner behind with Felicia so it didn't get damaged during the war. In hindsight, you could've used it but you didn't want to risk it.

Robbie: How much further?

Y/N: Not much longer now. Just keep moving east.

You both stayed in the shadows while you kept an eye out for any land mines. You kept phasing your feet with every step while Robbie used the Rider's powers to see where he was stepping.

In a few moments, you'll be walking out of this jungle with Eli.

You finally spotted a spotlight and ducked down behind a bush. Robbie peeked over and saw the base you were looking for.

Robbie: Bingo was his name.

Y/N: How many do you see?

Robbie looked around.

Robbie: 12. No clue how many are inside though.

Y/N: That's good enough for me. Not like they can really do much.

You popped out your claws while Robbie's eyes began to burn.

Robbie: Let's do this, Monster.

Y/N: Copy that, Ghost Rider.

You both leaped out and rushed towards the base. You sliced through the first man while Robbie used his chain to knock the tower down. The tower ended uo crashing into the other tower putting both out of commission.

You grabbed the closet man and threw him at the wooden gate which broke it open. The man, surely dead, crashed into another man. You and Robbie stromed in and started the fireworks. The flames and destruction could be seen from home base. Logan looked upon it with a smile.

You kicked in the door and found about 8 men tied and bound against the wall with a man holding a gun. Robbie quickly sliced him in half with his chain. You rushed over to the only dark skined solider and removed his blindfold. It was Eli. You tore off his mouth gag as Robbie started to free the others.

Eli: What?

Y/N: It's ok buddy. It's us. You're safe now.

Eli: Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah. It's me.

You helped him up and started to walk forward with his arm around your shoulder for support.

Y/N: Come on bud. We're going home.
-------
You stepped off the bus with your bag over your shoulder. Robbie and Eli both stood beside you with wide smiles. The bus drove off as you all apprached the house. The front door opened and Katie walked out with a bag of sugar when she saw you all. You turned to Robbie and signaled for him to go to her.

Robbie wasted no time and dropped his bag. He walked forward as Katie ran to him and jumped into his embrace. He swung her around as you and Eli watched. The door opened and Felicia poked her head out to see what the commotion was. You waved at her and she came running out. You caught her in a kiss and picked her up. Viv came out soon after with Riri. Viv flew to you and you used your strength to hold both of the up.

Eli: Wow. I need to get me a girl.

Riri: You want a hug to?

Eli smiled as the two hugged each other. You let go of Felicia and Viv before patting Robbie's back.

Y/N: Looks like we can leave this Circle now. We have some people who are waiting.

Everyone smiled as Felicia handed you the Eye. You activated it and the entire group was engulfed in a bright green light.

New York, 2099

Eli looked around in amazement at the future while Katie and Robbie sat on the couch.

Nadia: Welcome back everyone. Why are you wearing soldier uniforms?

You, Robbie, and Eli all looked at each other.

Y/N: Well, we have some war tales.