From The Basics Pt. 3

By the time 6 rolled around, you had already made your way through the castle. You were already tired so you took a quick nap after Silvija showed you around a bit. It was a good nap.

You arrived in the dinning room where the king was already waiting. He gestured you to sit down on one side of the table which you did.

Y/N: Thank you for letting us dine with you.

Ernst: Nonsense boy. You were so generous to accept my request.

Y/N: How could we refuse? It's an honor to see Symkaria in all it's glory like this. At first I was kinda hesitant since I've never had any luck with royalty.

Ernst laughed.

Ernst: So I've heard. How did your conversation with Silvija go?

You thought back on the silver haired princess. She seemed to carry herself around with such confidence that you couldn't help but be inspired.

Y/N: She's definitely unlike anyone I've ever met before. And I have met a lot of women.

You sighed as you thought back on everyone back in New York.

Y/N: She's up front. I admire that.

Silvija: Thank you for the compliment.

You turned to the entrance and watched as Silvija join the two of you. She wore a beautiful silver dress and her hair was curled. She sat down next to the left of her father, who was at the head of the table, and smirked at you.

Silvija: I see that you are well rested.

You smiled.

Y/N: Yeah. I decided to rest for a little bit. I don't want to be tired for the festival tomorrow.

Ernst: You plan ahead. That's good.

Widow: I did my best training him.

Widow entered the room with a black dress with a ruby red necklace. Looks like you were the only one under dressed. You didn't feel out of place though.

Ernst: You both look lovely tonight.

The two women nodded in thanks before the first course was brought out. Here we go.
--------
Ernst: So, for tomorrow....

Widow: Y/N will be escorting Silvija for the entirety of the festival. I will be watching from afar to make sure things go as planned.

Ernst seemed content with that answer and went back to eating his roast. You smiled. Seems like Widow really did have everything planned.

Ernst: And have you decided on which suitor you will be dancing with tomorrow Silvija?

Silvija smiled.

Silvija: I have. Not a suitor though. I have decided that Y/N shall be my partner.

You almost dropped your fork. Is this why she asked if you could dance earlier?

Silvija: We are actually going to practice after dinner.

You looked at her before smiling softly. Looks like you have plans for the rest of the night. You didn't mind.

Y/N: I could use the practice.

You and Silvija shared a laugh as Widow smiled. It was good to see you finally smiling like this. You were on a timer and she wanted to help you get rid of the Protocol but you were also a teenager. You needed to enjoy it while it lasted.
----------
Silvija: And a one and a two and step.

You followed her lead as the two of you danced around the empty ball room.

Silvija: You're a fast learner.

Y/N: I have a good teacher.

She smiled as the music contiued to play. You were surprisingly good at the dance she was teaching you and soon enough, she didn't even need to tell you what to do. You both just danced while looking at each other. Even though she was wearing heels, Silvija only reached your chin. You had guessed her small size was a huge benefit for her fighting.

Silvija: Have you ever danced before?

You nodded.

Y/N: Once for a school dance and with a friend. Never anything like this though.

The music came to a stop and you both bowed to each other.

Silvija: Looks like there's nothing to worry about.

Y/N: I guess not.

You turned to grab your water when you noticed something shift in the widows above. You narrowed your eyes and focused your mind before you heard a slight voice. You quickly tackled Silvija to the ground as a dart shot your shoulder. You phase it through your body and turned towards the shadowy figure.

Y/N: Assassin.

You summoned your blade just as the assassin attacked. You blocked his blow and kicked him in the chest before slicing through his sword. You stabbed the Ebony Blade into his shoulder and pushed him to the ground.

The guards came rushing in and apprehended the man. Widow came running in and saw what had happened. You put your blades away and turned towards Silvija.

Y/N: You alright?

Silvija nodded.

Silvija: To think they would attack us in my own home.

Ernst: What is going on here?!

You turned to see Ernst hurry into the room as the guards held the assassin for him to see. Ernst looked at him and signaled for his guards to take him away. He then turned towards you and Widow.

Ernst: It seems that not even here is safe. Thank you for protecting her.

Y/N: It's my job.

Silvija: They can attack us here.

Ernst: It seems so.

Widow looked at you and smiled.

Widow: Perhaps Y/N here can stay with the princess in her personal chambers for the night. It would be better if he can be near if there is another attack.

Ernst looked at her quesionly but gave in.

Ernst: So be it. I will allow it.

Silvija looked at you and smirked.

Silvija: I hope you got enough rest.

You smiled. Looks like you were pulling double time tonight.