A New Oppent Arrives

You wake up in near the afternoon after a long day of training. You entire body was sore and not in a good way either. You sat up and streched before hopping out of bed and pulling on a shirt. You then headed downstairs to get a cup of coffee. You were beyond tired but at least you were stronger. Even if it was by a little bit. You made a fresh pot of coffee and pour yourself a cup. You sipped on it and let out a satisfied yawn. You then looked sround as you leaned on the counter.

Y/N: So. This is new.

The other half of the base was completely destroyed and you could see out to the rest of New York that looked like a bizarre painting of some kind. The empire state building was being built, the statue of liberty was rusted and crumbling, the Avengers tower wasn't even there, and the world trade center was still standing.

Y/N: Hmm. Welp. Time to do, something. What the hell am I even supposed to do?

???: Come with me if you want to live.

You looked over and saw Riri standing there with her armor on.

Y/N: Hey bud. What's going on?

Riri: Oh yeah. You were asleep all morning. Well, we'll have to fly and talk.
---------
You started to blast through the city and you noticed a lot of problems such as buildings that used to be there were no longer there and new buildings were built. It really looked like time itself was in a state of confusion.

Y/N: So what am I looking at?

Riri: New York throughout time. Kang is back.

Y/N: Who the hell is Kang and why is he messing with time?

Riri: I don't know and I don't know. His name was in the Avengers' database but I've never actually heard of him or seen him.

Y/N: What about everyone else?

Riri: My guess? They're spread out through time.

You both landed on a nearby building and looked around. Even the people were dressed all weird. The different styles included; 60's, 20's, 90's, 50's, and clothing you have never seen before. Everyone was visbly confused or panicked.

Y/N: Yikes. The 90's weren't good for anyone.

Riri typed on her wrist before a hologram appeared showing the time line. Well, it was more like a circle than a straight line.

Riri: Just what I thought. It appears that we are stuck in a Time Circle. Various points in time are all thrown together. Time doesn't move forward so none of us will age or grow.

Y/N: And the others are in other Time Circles?

Riri nodded. She turned off the hologram and sighed.

Riri: It seems like it. Some could be in the 19th century while others could be in the future. This Kang guy really messed things up.

Y/N: Right. What are we going to do?

Riri: No clue. For now we should find anyone else stuck in here with us.

You agreed and looked around. Everything was so bizarre. Was that a pirate ship out in the water? Riri activated her communications line and began to look for anyone. You squated on the edge of the roof and sighed. This was not how you wanted your day to go. Why were you so calm? Because you have seen a bit too much by this point.

Riri: Calling anyone who can hear this. If you are getting this signal then please respond.

There was no answer.

Y/N: We can't really be the only ones here.

???: You aren't.

Y/N: Uh. Who are you?

???: Carol Denvers. You can call me Captain Marvel.

She landed on the roof with you and Riri. Suddenly Riri was absent from your side and was now looking at Carol with wide eyes.

Riri: You're the Captain Marvel. OMG I'm a huge fan!

Carol looked at the young girl awkwardly.

Carol: Thanks. Always glad to, uh, meet a fan.

She slowly pushed the young girl away before looking at you.

Carol: So you're the Monster right? You got any fancy time powers to get rid of this Circle?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Thought I am prone to get more as I go on.

Carol sighed before shaking her head.

Carol: Well then. Looks like it's just the three of us. I'm sure I can look around and find Kang somewhere.

Y/N: You know Kang?

Carol: Of course I do. I've fought him before. He's probably just trying to use New York as a zoo again.

Riri: Zoo?

Carol: Where would he be hiding? Maybe his ship is somewhere.

Y/N: You're really just going to ignore the question aren't you?

Carol: Or maybe he's hiding in some landmark.

Y/N: Bitch.

Carol shot a look at you while you stuck out your tounge. She rolled her eyes and started to fly up.

Carol: You kids get somewhere safe.

She left without another word. Riri looked like she had just seen Jesus himself. You just sighed.

Y/N: Get somewhere safe. What a joke. We need to investigate this further.

Riri: And how do we do that?

You looked at the boat and smiled.

Y/N: I've always wanted to be a pirate.

Riri looked at the ship and smiled. You both blasted off towards it.