Battle Of The Champions Pt. 5

You and Dane sat in the stands with the other two fighters. Looks like this is going to be a good fight.

Annoucer: Ladies and Gentlemen, for our next fight we have a truly marvelous show. Two masters of the martial arts. Shang-Chi will be going up against Shen Kuei!

Shang-Chi stepped on the arena while Shen entered on the other.

Y/N: Master of the martial arts huh? I wonder if he has any Chi like Shang-Chi

Dane: That would make for an amazing fight.

The two warriors bowed to each other while you got comfortable. You had two fights to watch any way.

Shang-Chi readied his fist and took a stance. Shen also readied himself to fight. The bell rung but neither moved. They were both standing there with their eyes closed.

Dane: What is...

They both suddenly vanished. The crowd looked at the arena in confusion as you tried to track their movements.

Dane: What in the bloody hell...

The two reappeared in the center of the arena where they both collided. A massive wind blew around that reached even the royal booth. You lifted your arm to shield your eyes as the two began to exchange blows. Not a single hit landed with the two of them dodging and blocking. They moved at such speed that by the time they jabbed 10 times, everyone only saw 1. Punches turned to kicks and kicks turned to powerful blows. Every hit that was blocked resulted in a shock wave that started to make your ears ring.

Dane: This is the kind of power that'll be going on here on out?!

Y/N: I've never seen anything like this!

Shang-Chi and Shen finally leaped away from each other. Both looked completely unharmed. You couldn't tell if Shen was a Chi user or if he was just honing his skills that much. Both were slightly out if breath but neither looked nearly worn out. Shang-Chi gritted his teeth and Shen stepped forward. They both leaped into the sky and began to exchange blows once again.

Shang-Chi was bobbing his head around to avoid Shen's attacks while Shen was narrowly avoiding Shang-Chi's counter attacks. They weren't even blocking anymore. This wasn't a battle between strength or skill anymore. It was a battle between speed and wits. Whoever landed the first hit would be the winner of this fight.

Dane: So this is the peak of the human body of a Chi user. Amazing.

Y/N: It's like I'm watching two gods clash in the sky. I can feel their strength from here.

Dane: How will this fight end? I'm excited to see.

Shang-Chi ducked down and returned to the arena while Shen hung in the air for a moment. He couldn't fly so he eventually came falling down. He flipped in the air for a moment before delivering a flying kick. Shang-Chi crossed his arms to block the blow. When Shen's attack connected, the ground below Shang-Chi cracked and another wave hit the audience. The entire ground began to break before Shen gave in and flipped away. The entire arena floor was now cracked or completely destroyed.

Y/N: Jesus Christ.

Dane: I feel confident in saying that I really hope I don't have to fight Shang-Chi.

Y/N: I don't blame you.

Shang-Chi uncrossed his arms and leaped towards Shen. He pulled his arm back before throwing it forward. Shen reached out his hand and caught Shang-Chi's fist. The pressure was visible behind Shen as the wall behind him cracked. You sighed.

Y/N: Thank god this only happens every 5 years. The amount of time, effort, and money that'll go into fixing this place is something I never want to think about.

Dane: Indeed. I fear what would happen if they didn't have to worry about the spectators.

Shang-Chi attempted to attack again with a kick but Shen ducked under it. Shang-Chi leaped away as Shen tried to counter.

Y/N: This fight has been going on for almost 3 minutes and neither had managed to land a single blow.

Shang-Chi charged his fist while Shen placed his hands together. You leaned forward. Were neither of them using their Chi?! Shang-Chi raised his fist that was now glowing while Shen's eyes began to glow. The two vanished and appeared in the middle of the arena once again. Their fists collided and you felt the ground rumble as the dirt from the arena flew up to block everyone's view. The sonic boom from the attack had popped your ears so bad that they were now ringing.

Your ears healed just as the dust settled. In the middle of the arena was Shang-Chi and Shen. You watched as neither backed away. Their fists stayed connected but they were both shaking.

Y/N: Is this the end?

You watched as Shang-Chi smiled slightly once Shen's arm stopped shaking. Shen suddenly fell over unconscious which left Shang-Chi standing victorious. Everyone began to cheer, you were pretty sure they couldn't hear themselves because they were getting louder before they got quieter and then loud again, before the announcer declared Shang-Chi the winner.

Dane: Marvelous!

You placed a hand on his shoulder and signaled for him to quiet down.

Dane: Am I yelling?!

You nodded.

Dane: Apologies!

You both stood up and looked back down at the arena where Shang-Chi was. He looked at the two of you and gave a thumbs up while smiling. He then began to sway before he passed out from exhaustion. You were just left stunned.

Y/N: That was a fight. If he was one of the final 6, I can't wait to see the others.