Family Training

You and Felicia were now sitting on the comfortable leather couch as your father threw more wood into the fire. He walked back to his chair and looked at you. The two of you stared at each other for a moment.

Victor: You really do look like her. Your mother.

So you've been told. He looked over to Felicia who suddenly sat up straight.

Victor: And the hair? Is that just a style choice?

You looked at Felicia who shyly nodded.

Y/N: I didn't really have a choice. This machine blew up and some of the particles messed with my DNA. My eyes are also duller.

Victor nodded. The silence took over again.

Victor: So, why are you here now?

You looked down at your hands.

Y/N: Project Godslayer was a success.

Victor: I figured as much. You're here.

Y/N: A lot of bad people were looking for me. I managed to beat them but I lost a friend in the process. I also lost my powers.

Victor shifted in his seat and took a deep breath.

Victor: Who was this friend?

You rubbed your hands together.

Y/N: Venom.

Victor lifted his head. He then turned to the fire.

Victor: How many of us are alive?

You sighed.

Y/N: Just you, Moon, and Dr. Conners.

Victor closed his eyes. He shook his head and turned back to you.

Victor: So you lost your powers. You seemed able to hold you own just a while ago.

Y/N: You weren't trying to kill me.

Victor didn't say anything. You could tell by the way he fought that he didn't intend to actually kill you.

Y/N: I need to get stronger. I figured you could help me.

Victor just stared into the fire. He stood up and walked out if the room.

Victor: Be awake before the sun rises. You want to get strong? I'll make you strong. Both of you.

He stopped in the doorway before looking back.

Victor: You'll both be sleeping in separate rooms.
------------
You did as he told and woke up early the next morning. Now you were in your underwear in the freezing cold water of the nearby river. Cat was also there as was your father. While you and Cat were freezing, Victor was just fine.

Y/N: A-And w-what i-is t-this t-teaching u-us?

Victor: Control over your body.

He didn't elaborate. You and Cat looked at each other. It was going to be a long day. It was about and hour later when Victor walked out of the water completely fine. What did frost bite feel like?

You followed him into the woods, now dry and dressed, where he stopped by a tree. He then handed you and Cat both an ax. He pointed to a set of trees.

Victor: Everyday from now on, you will hit one of those trees 200 times. Once the tree is down, you'll move onto another tree.

He started to walk away. Before you could ask, he lifted his hand.

Victor: Builds muscle.

You figured there was now hard in it and lifted up the ax. You swung it into the tree, only to not make a scratch. You pulled your ax away and watched Cat swing. Same result. You tightened your grip and decided to use your strength. You hit the tree again bit nothing happened.