Battle Of The Champions Pt. 6

After the spectacular fight between Shen and Shang-Chi, you gained another free hour as the officials fixed the arena the best they could for the next fight. You decided to visit Shang-Chi in the infirmary only to find Silvija already there. She looked up as you and Dane entered.

Silvija: I'm happy to see you two here.

Dane bowed to the princess while you gave a casual wave.

Y/N: How is he?

Silvija: He is in stable condition. He should be ready for the next round.

Dane: That's good to hear. I'm glad that he will recover.

You both approached the bed and looked at your sleeping friend. No injuries and it looked like his Chi was doing most of the work. Silvija looked at you and noticed the stitched up tears in your uniform.

Silvija: You have seen quite a bit of action.

You looked down at it and recalled your fight against the Emperor. He did a really number on you. That was actually the hardest fight you've been in and thanks to it, you were massively stronger.

Y/N: You could say that.

You took a seat next to Silvija while Dane sat down on the otherside if the bed.

Dane: That fight was truly something to marvel at.

Silvija: Indeed. Their power was unlike I've ever seen before.

You smiled. If only they knew.

Y/N: How is the tournament going to continue?

Silvija: We will be repairing the arena enough for the fighting to continue. It should only take a few hours. The tournament should still be over before the ball.

Dane: Ah yes. The Royal Ball. I have heard only good things from it.

Silvija: And every fighter is invited.

Dane: Can you save a dance for me?

Silvija smiled before looking to you out of the corner of her eye.

Silvija: I can try. I do think that I may be too occupied with my partner for the night.

Dane began to smile while you pretened that you didn't hear her. Should you be awkward about a princess flirting with you? Is it even more awkward that she's doing it over an unconscious Chi master while a knight is encouraging her? What the hell happened to your life?

Y/N: Well in that case, we should use this time to rest or look around.
-----------
Dane and you walked around the village with Silvija between the two of you. No one really batted an eye once they saw that she was you. Seems that the people trust you. It felt good.

Dane: If I may ask, who will be fighting the finalists?

Silvija: That'll have to remain a secret for now. Just know that it will be a true spectacle. We'll be putting the fighters against each other with random selection.

So that's how it worked. It was pure coincidence for who fought who. At least Shang-Chi made it so that's one ally on your side. Now if only Dane can make it.

Dane: I look forward to it.

This was absolutely weird to you. You felt like you were actually building a true relationship with them. Dane was a legitimate ally and Silvija was, well, a friend. Yeah. Friend.

The three of you ended up at a booth where you could get food. At the suggestion and recommendation of Silvija, you all ordered a quick snack. The skewer was delicious.

???: Looks like we meet sooner than expected.

You turned around, skewer in mouth, and found a man standing there.

Y/N: Whhhaehsu?

Silvija: Food dear.

You swallowed the piece of meat and nodded as a thanks. You turned back to the man.

Y/N: Who are you?

The man laughed before slapping your back.

???: You can call me Foxtrot.

Silvija: It's rare to see you out and about.

Foxtrot smiled as he stood between you and Silvija.

Foxtrot: I figured I should get out and enjoy the festival. It only happens every 5 years. Besides, I wanted to meet the famous Monster.

He turned to you.

Foxtrot: I heard a lot of things about you. Thoight you'd be, older. Maybe a bit buffer.

Was that a compliment or an insult? Should you be insulted? You think you're insulted. You were buff! You had abs and stuff! And you were 17!

Silvija: He has more experience than some of the the Wild Pack. He has fought some powerful foes before as well.

Foxtrot: I don't doubt that princess.

He then ruffled your hair.

Foxtrot: I look forward to seeing what you can really do.

He gave a quick wave before walking off. You watched him leave and decided you didn't like his cologne. Smelled like ham.

Dane: He was, odd.

Y/N: Older and buffer. Asshole.

You bit down on your wooden stick and grunted while Silvija laighed at your expense. She began to rub your head.

Silvija: That was Foxtrot. My second in command in the Wolf Pack. He's also the final contender.

You and Dane looked at each other. He seemed like a normal guy. Could he really withstand Shang-Chi or you? Even Dane proved to be somewhat strong. Well, he was a good swordsman.

Seriously, why did this head rubbing feel good?

Dane: Well I hope I have a chance to face him in battle. I truly look forward to it.

Y/N: I wouldn't mind kicking his ass.

Suddenly Silvija's finger brushed against your ear which felt really good.

Dane: Does he have any abilities?

Silvija: You will have to wait until you enter the ring with him. You should focus on your next opponent.

Y/N: And who is that?

Silvija: Gorgon. A master swordsman much like yourself.

Dane: I see. Then I will have to be ready for it.

You smiled as Silvija contiued to brush your hair with her hand. The three of you fell into idle chit chat as you began to enjoy yourself.

???: Y/N?

Your ears perked up at the voice. You slowly turned around and felt yourself get sick. Flashbacks of the horrors from the future filled your head as you looked at someone you didn't expect to see here.

Y/N: Nadia?