Once Upon A Time Pt. 2

Kamala: If everyone could make their way down the trail so you can begin this story.

You decided to cut your losses and lead the group down the dirt trail. Kitty was still struggling with her robe in an attempt to cover herself while Viv looked down at the sleeves that were too big for her. You heard the bushes rustle a bit before a small green creature jumped out.

Sam: Woah! It's a gobin!

You looked at him for a bit.

Y/N: Aren't you a orc? And Kitty is an elf I think.

Miles: How do we fight this thing? Do we roll dice or something?

Kamala: Nope! You guys have to fight it on your own though things are turned based still. You'll all have to take turns.

You felt your body stiffen up as the Gobin looked at you. Your body relaxed and you realized it was your turn.

Y/N: Ok then. Guess I'll just...

You lifted up your sword and sliced it down on the creature with great force. The goblin immediately turned into a cloud of smoke before dropping some gold.

Kamala: That was way to easy for you. Did you use your powers?

You looked at your hand and ignited it.

Y/N: I guess we still have our powers here.

Kamala: Aww! That's no fun! You guys can just breeze through all of this.

Miles: Then how about we just don't use our powers?

Y/N: I'm using my strength as a buff. Try and stop me.

You felt a swift sting in your leg causing you to hop around while grabbing it. You looked and saw that it was Viv who had hit you with her staff. She then signaled for you to lean closer so she could whisper to you.

Viv: Just play this seriously. Kamala has a hard time finding people to play.

You realized what she meant and nodded.

Y/N: Fine. No powers. Strictly weapons and magic.

You could almost hear Kamala smile. All of you headed down the trail before you found a village. You all entered the town and you were amazed to see other people there.

Kitty: Woah. They look so life like.

Kamala: Everything here is like that. Even though this is a place of fantasy, everything is as realistic as possible.

Miles: Realistic huh?

You all turned back to Kitty who quickly covered her chest.

Kitty: STOP STARING YOUR PERVS!

Viv: They are bigger than I had originally theorized.

Kitty whined.

Kitty: Not you to Viv.

You just laughed before looking around. You spotted a tavern and figured that it was a good place to start your adventure. You entered the place and saw that it looked like something out of a fantasy movie.

Y/N: Woah.

Sam: I know right? It even has the barmaid.

You all looked and saw a barmaid serving a table of rowdy men in armor. You all took your own table.

Miles: So what do we do now?

Kamala: Patience my friend. I have spent the past week crafting this story to perfection.

You actually felt kinda bad. She seems to really enjoy doing this yet no one ever wants to play along? This was pretty freaking cool.

Kitty: Maybe we can talk to someone about a quest? Gather information?

Kamala: That's the spirit.

You looked around before waving down the Barmaid. She walked over and smiled.

Barmaid: Howdy there. You all must be adventurers.

Miles: That's right. You have any adventures for us?

Kamala: That's not how you do it.

You rubbed your chin.

Y/N: There aren't any problems around here are there? We heard that there was some strange stuff going on.

Kamala: That's more like it.

Technically you weren't lying. The Barmaid nodded.

Barmaid: Yes. As sad as it is to admit it, we have had some attacks from the savage tribes from the dark Kingdom. We have no way of contacting the capital for them to send more soldiers.

Viv: Would you like us to help?

The Barmaid smiled.

Barmaid: I don't want to burden you all.

Miles: No burden. It's what we do.

The Barmaid smiled.

Barmaid: In that case, if you can all head to the capital and speak to the king about sending more soldiers, it would be of great help. We'll pay you of course!

You shook your head.

Y/N: No need for pay.

Sam: Well, some pay.

Everyone glared at him.

Sam: Free of charge. Got it.

Kamala: Looks like you're all heading to the capital.

Kitty: Actually, I've been meaning to ask but what happens if we die?

Everyone suddenly froze and looked up. Kamala was quiet for a moment.

Kamala: If I'm being completely honest, I think you guys just respawn.

Miles: And how do we leave if things get out of hand?

Kamala: I'm sure I can just pull you guys out.

You crossed your arms.

Y/N: Kamala, pull me out.

Kamala: What?

Y/N: Pull me out. I want to see if you can do it.

There was silence.

Sam: CAN YOU REALLY NOT PULL US OUT?!

Kamala: Strange told me how but I forgot!

You just shook your head.

Y/N: God damnit.

Kitty: Then how do we leave?!

Kamala: You guys will just have to finish the quest!

So you were stuck here now. Great.

Y/N: Fine. Let's just get this over with then.

Everyone stood up and headed out of the tavern.

Kamala: Look, I know this looks kinda bad but come on! At least try to have fun.

You sighed.

Y/N: Fine. We're using our powers though!

Kamala: Ok ok! You guys can use your powers. Now get going! I'm sure you'll love the story and locations I made.

You didn't see any harm in it. You couldn't die and all you had to do was make it to the capital. How hard could that possibly be?

Kamala: Just wait until you guys see the dragon!

For the love of...