From The Basics Pt. 4

Time left before Godslayer Protocol: 2 months and 5 days.

You didn't really get much sleep last night. After Silvija fell asleep, you decided to meditate for a few hours. You finally got some shut eye but the nightmares that filled your mind prevented it from being peaceful. When you did open your eyes, after only an hour of sleep, you found Silvija brushing her hair at her vanity. You stood up and made your presence known.

Silvija: You are a loud sleeper.

You blushed from embarrassment. It has been a while since you had to sleep in the same room as someone. Even back at Widow's cabin, she slept on the other side of the house.

Y/N: Sorry.

Silvija: It is nothing to apologize for. It simply shows that you are more human than others make you out to be.

Human? You couldn't even tell if you classified as human anymore. Sure you were human on the outside but, your mind was practically created in a lab. Your feelings and thoughts around the Heroes weren't your own. You shook your head.

Y/N: I'm guessing you want to get ready in peace so I'll return to my room for now. It shouldn't take me long to get ready.

Silvija: Of course. Your clothes should have been set out on your bed.

You bowed slightly and left the room. You nodded to the guards outside and headed for your room. As you walked there, you ended up spotting Widow in the hall. She was looking out of the window towards the village.

Y/N: Morning.

Widow waved back and you decided to look out at the village as well. You could see some of the last minute preparations take place as others were either walking around or helping out.

Widow: How was the princess?

Y/N: Slept like a baby. No signs of danger either.

Widow smiled.

Widow: I wasn't taking about her safety.

You rolled your eyes.

Y/N: I just watched over her. Nothing more.

Widow: Sure. You remember the plan right?

You nodded.

Y/N: Just stay with her all day and keep an eye out for any danger. Simple enough.
----------
You felt beyond out of place. Here you were in the backseat if the royal limo, dressed like a god damn gentleman, with a beautiful princess beside you, and you were drinking instant coffee. Your hair was even combed back after Widow advised you to do so.

Silvija: What are you most excited to see?

Y/N: Was there a brochure?

She smiled at your little joke.

Y/N: I heard that there's a fighting tournament. I think that would be fun to watch.

Silvija: Lucky you then. I'm supposed to watch over it myself and give the champion their reward.

You raised a brow.

Y/N: And what's the reward?

Silvija smirked.

Silvija: If you want to know, you'll have to enter the tournament yourself.

You smiled.

Y/N: Maybe I would, if I didn't have to stay by your side all day.

Silvija leaned on your shoulder.

Silvija: Perhaps. I think I would have much more fun with you by my side anyway. That booth can be so dull when you're stuck inside if it most of the day.

Y/N: I'll try my best to keep you entertained.

You finished your cup of fake joe just as the limo came to a stop. You stepped out and helped Silvija out as people all around your cheered. Not out of fear either. Her people really do seem to love her. This was evident when a little girl pushed past the guards with a flower.

Girl: Princess Silvija! This is for you!

Silvija smiled as she bent down to take the flower. She then petted the girl.

Silvija: It is lovely. Thank you very much.

The girl smiled and ran off. You watched as Silvija broke the stem begore placing the red flower in her hair. It clashed with all the grey and silver she wore but oddly enough, it worked for her.

Y/N: Your people really love you.

Silvija: And I love them. One day I will have to take my place as their queen. Until then I shall grow stronger so I can protect them.

You smiled. Your ear piece went off.

Widow: I have eyes on the two of you.

Y/N: Copy. Let's get this day started.
---------
You escorted Silvija to her personal booth in the arena where she will be watching the tournament for the majority of the day. There will be an hour break between each round where she would be walking around the festival talking to her people. There was no telling how long each round was though.

Silvija: You can sit down you know.

You shook your head. You decided to stand by her side just to be ready at a moment's notice. You had your senses still but you couldn't be sure. Better safe than sorry.

Widow: I see the two of you. I can't find anyone out of place though.

You nodded.

Y/N: Me neither. Everyone was so kind to her. I don't even think her assassins could blend in if they wanted to.

Widow: Well keep and eye on her.

You nodded. You returned your gaze to the arena below. Suddenly, a thought crossed your mind.

Y/N: Silvija?

She hummed as a response.

Y/N: When you hand the champion their reward, do you do so directly?

Silvija looked at you confused before realization hit.

Silvija: You think that they will attack then?

Y/N: Either that or they will be in the tournament themselves. No one would bat an eye when you get close to them and everyone would watch as their princess fell.

Widow: I didn't even think about that.

Silvija: How do you come up with ideas like that?

You shrugged.

Y/N: They just come to me. I only got proper education for half a year before I, kinda dropped out. Maybe I'm just naturally a genius?

Silvija smirked. She began to think before her eyes closed.

Silvija: I may have a plan on how to deal with this threat.

You smiled.

Y/N: I think I do to.
---------
Annoucer: Ladies and gentlemen of Symkaria, I welcome you to the 120th Battle of the Champions!

The crowd cheered as all the fighters stepped into the arena.

Announcer: We have many great warriors here with us today. They will all compete in this tournament for a chance of retrieving a reward from our Lady herself. Princess Silvija!

Silvija waved as everyone cheered once more.

Announcer: And we have a very special treat this year. From the lands of America, a Hero of the people and an unstoppable force, the Monster known as Y/N Creed!

You smiled. Looks like you'll get to have some fun after all.