Sakaar Pt. 1

You yawned as you and Valkyrie flew through space. It said that Sakaar should be nearby. You didn't see anything anywhere.

Valkyrie: This is taking forever.

Y/N: You're telling me. Where is this thing?

You looked down at the controls and shrugged. You hit a button and the two of you were pushed against your death as the ship blasted off. You hit the button again to stop it and you both saw the approaching planet.

 You hit the button again to stop it and you both saw the approaching planet

Y/N: Found it.

You navigated the ship down onto the planet. Green slowly turned to brown as you found yourself in a desert like setting which reminded you of the deserts back on Earth. You landed the ship and turned it off.

Y/N: Alright. Let's see what we can do here.

Valkyrie: This planet seems hostile. Better keep your guard up.

You nodded and opened up the hatch doors. The two of you stepped out and looked around. It looked empty for miles. Suddenly, there was a loud bang from behind. You and Valkyrie turned around and saw several green blasts of some kind of powder.

Valkyrie: A festival?

Y/N: Let's hope so.

The two of you walked over the hill and looked down to see a massive city below.

Valkyrie: How did we miss that?

You just shrugged. The two of you decided to head down.
----------
Y/N: This is a lot of green here.

Valkyrie: Tell me about it.

The festival was in full swing as everyone danced, sang, and enjoyed life. Things actually looked really nice here. Was the Grandmaster a tyrant or is the Collector just crazy? The two of you reached a stall where you found someone who could help.

Y/N: <Excuse me.>

The alien looked at you.

Merchant: <Hello there! What can I help you with?!>

Y/N: <Where would someone need to go to see the Grandmaster?>

The alien pointed towards a large structure that looked like a coliseum of somekind.

Merchant: <The champion is fighting today. It will be a good fight.>

You bowed as a thanks and walked back to Valkyrie. You told her what the alien had told you and you both decided to head that way.

Valkyrie: What do you think this champion is like?

You shrugged.

Y/N: Maybe strong. From what I gathered, this Grandmaster dude holds fights like this all the time. He gathered people from all over the galaxy to fight. If their power is anything like I experienced on Earth then we're in for a treat.

You smiled just thinking about it.

Y/N: Maybe I can join in and fight the champion.

Valkyrie: Make a big splash and get the Grandmaster's attention. I like it.

You looked around before you spotted a giant container being hauled towards the arena. You could hear banging from inside.

Y/N: Yikes.

You then smiled.

Y/N: I'm getting pumped!

Valkyrie: Calm down kid. We still have some stuff to do first. How are you going to get in that arena?

You shrugged. How does someone become a gladiator willingly?

???: Maybe I can help?

You perked up when you heard that voice. You turned around and saw someone you hadn't seen in two years.

Y/N: Sam?

Sam: Long time no see

You smiled as the two of you went in for a hug.

Y/N: The hell are you doing here?!

Sam: Nova Corp asked me to find a certain Earthling wanted for participating in an illegal fighting ring. Looks like you still can't turn down a good fight.

Valkyrie: What the hell is going on here?

You turned back to Valkyrie and threw an arm around Sam.

Y/N: Sam here is an old friend of mine. We were Heroes on Earth.

Sam: Before this one decided to go off planet. Everyone misses you.

Y/N: I miss them to. Hey, is that a new helmet?

Sam: Yeah. My dad retired so I took his.

You gave him a high five.

Y/N: Nice.

Valkyrie: Ok. If the two of you are done with your bromance, how can you help us?

Sam smiled as he crossed his arms.

Sam: Simple. There's quite a big problem with corruption in the Corp. If I was to arrest you then, say, sell you to the Grandmaster as a fighter....

Y/N: You son of a bitch. I'm in.

Valkyrie just shook her head.

Valkyrie: Why do I suddenly feel like I'm babysitting?

Sam: I'm an officer of the Nova Corp. I'm also 20.

Valkyrie: And I'm 317. What's your point?

Sam: Jesus. You made some old friends.

You shrugged. Sam then looked around confused.

Sam: Where's Nadia?

You frowned when you remembered why you were here.

Y/N: Long story. Let's get going and I'll tell you on the way.